Part 4: A Pirate's Life for Elizabeth Swan

Later on this cold night Miss Swann returns to her private cabin (that Jack had insisted she stayed in— he wants his hostage to feel comfortable) dazed and confused. She wonders to herself what happened in that damned office.

First she had a sword pointed at her, and then she shared a kiss with the Captain Jack Sparrow.

Of course, a few other women can say that, but Jack had not wished for all of their company. Jack wished for her's.

She went to bed later than usual, replaying that moment over and over in her head while the Pearl swayed her left to right. It felt almost like a lullaby. Appreciated, yes. But sleeping was a difficult task with the reminder of Jack Sparrow on her lips.

***

The morning has come sooner than Elizabeth hoped. Once she finally gets out of bed, she drags herself to the deck with bags under her eyes. She had almost forgotten last nights events, until she saw Sparrow.

"Good morning love," he says, holding on to the side of his ship.

"Good morning— Captain." She smiles softly at him and he returns the expression.

"I'm growing on you ah?— Told you." Jack's favorite thing of all, being right. He wasn't wrong, in fact Elizabeth did not fear the man at all anymore. She was starting to understand him.

"I shall start to work," she insisted as she began to walk away.

"No, no dearie. You relax, you are our guest." He smirks, not addressing the fact that she still considered herself a hostage.

Without another word, Elizabeth went off to the top of the deck to watch the water go by.

Secretly, Jack followed behind her. Happy to see she hasn't yelled at him today. Yet oddly enough, it worried him that she was no longer frightened.

Unknowingly of Jacks presence, she began to hum to herself, "yo-ho yo-ho... a pirates life for me."

"A pirates life huh?" Jack spoke back.

Elizabeth gasped in a startled way, "Jack, you scared me! You can't go snooping around on people, listening to their thoughts." She scolded him.

"There we go, there's Elizabeth." He smiled, listening to her yell. "You are very attractive when you're angry dearie."

"You have no right to express those kinds of thoughts." She told him, embarrassingly blushing again.

"I'm the Captain of the Black Pearl, I can do whatever I please." He grinned, making his point. "Besides love, I know you're— flattered." He kept his smile, looking her up and down.

"You don't know what I'm feeling." She protested.

"Oh I do, or else you'd be— demanding I let you off the ship." He pointed out with great confidence.

"I still want to leave, so that is where you're wrong." She crossed her arms.

He takes a step closer to her, his boot clashing with the wood makes a noise underneath the floorboards. "Ah," he started. Pausing to slowly put a hand on the Miss' waist and step closer to her. "If that's what you want." He spoke softer as they got closer.

She freezes, watching his every flinch of a move. She is not frightened, she does not feel harmed, she knows there was no danger. Oddly enough, she likes being so close to this damned pirate.

He puts his lips to her neck and sighed, "so sad to let such a prize go, but if that's what you want I'll turn the ship around right now." Her eyes go wide, and suddenly she does not know what she wants anymore.

He lifts her head to make eye contact with her, "that is what you want, right?" He smirks.

She didn't speak for a long moment, but finally let out a whisper, "a pirates life for me." Jack's smirk turned into a grin.