Chapter Seven: Bad Lauren

I woke up with Kyra in my arms and subconsciously grinned. It took me a few minutes but I finally convinced myself to move. I got up and pulled on my pants. Ugh, Monday mornings. I shaved quickly since I was beginning to get scruff.

Kyra came in and turned on the shower. She stripped and climbed in. She just stripped in front of me.

I said, “Do you know I am in here?” I was only half way done with shaving.

She said, “Yeah, so am I.” Um. Most girls wouldn’t do that. She said, “You have seen me naked before, and you are the only guy that would complain. Am I that hideous?” She was laughing slightly showing it wasn’t what she thought.

I said, “Nope, you are the most beautiful girl in my world.” I could imagine the grin on her face. I finished shaving as she shut off the water. I stuck a towel out for her and she took it, flipping it up to her hair. She took another one and wrapped it around her body. She left the bathroom with me following.

She disappeared into her closet and I started making the bed. I tossed the pillows and blankets off. I noticed a piece of paper on the bed. I furrowed my brows and fixed the sheets before grabbing it. I read it and gasped. It was a birth certificate. It said, “Kyra Alexis Summers.” Her mother’s name was normal, but her father’s said, “Lucas David Summers.”

Her voice startled me, “That is what my dad said that made me cry. He wanted me to know because he wanted to be truthful.” I turned around and looked at her. Her eyes held sadness but other than that her expression was blank.

I asked, “What happened to your real dad?”

She shrugged, “Dad gave me an address of where he works. It is in the city. He said that I should go see him some time and explain everything.”

I asked, “Are you going to?” She took the certificate and tossed it onto her desk while walking towards the bathroom.

She shrugged, “I haven’t decided yet.” She brushed her hair and blew it dry. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans that made her ass look great, and a black hoodie that hid the small bump she was sporting. She put on some makeup I didn’t know the name off. She stood up straight and checked herself in the mirror. She grinned at her reflection and winked at me.

I thought about how much we have been hanging out at school lately. We hardly talked while in school, but outside school was a different story.

I commented, “People are going to stare when we walk into school.”

She continued walking down the hall and into the kitchen. She asked, “Why do you say that?”

I said, “We are dating. We hardly talked at school before though. Then, all of a sudden, I, the playboy, am dating someone. I never thought that would happen until I met you.” She shrugged and nodded while putting a plate of pancakes in the microwave. I said, “I guess it is a good thing I made extra.” She nodded.

I let her drive and we stopped to get coffee. By ‘we’ I mean ‘she’ stopped to get coffee and made me hold it on the way to the school. As always when people hear my bike they begin looking, and watching. By the shocked expressions they were definitely not expecting me to be with someone else. She climbed off and I followed suit. I took off my helmet and helped her takes hers off. Her straight black hair slid down around her shoulders. I put them under the seat and the whispers started.

I asked, “I hope this doesn’t bother you?”

She chuckled, “Not yet.”

Kyra Walsh-Summers: