Shattered- Chapter fifty two

2 months later

I haven't talked much these two months. I've reverted back to my old routine.

I try my best to avoid Andrew, Zack tried to talk to me but I ignored him then there was Hailey who was constantly hanging out with Justin. I just figured they were together

My mom kept shoving therapy down my throat and as usual, she was ignored. I had homeroom now so I decided to return a little gift.

I found Andrew's locker and pushed the plastic bag, which had the ring in it, through the tiny little slot at the top. I can't believe i just did that. Maybe I should take it back. I don't want to give it back but I don't want to keep it.

It means a lot to me, I don't want to lose it...but so did he, and I lost him.

I sighed and entered his combination, the bag falling to my feet. I bent down to pick it up and when I saw his locker, I nearly cried. I've never actually seen it before, I just know the combination. There were photos of us, eating ice cream, dancing, laughing...kissing. I threw the bag back into his locker, on top of his books and closed the door.

"You should keep it."

I turned around and saw Zack. "The ring, I mean. Can't imagine how he'd feel if he found it in his locker."

I walked past Zack and headed for the auditorium. I don't know why I was going there though. It was like my feet were in control. My body over taking my mind, shutting out everything it was told.

"Your keeping the bracelet...right?"

I turned around and found him hot on my trail. He was my only friend. Yes, I never responded or anything but he still cared. He's the only friend I've ever had who hasn't either tried to kill me or broke my heart.

I nodded at him and felt ecstatic when I saw him smile. Maybe it was because I'm so used to the negative around me that when I see his cute smile, I feel happy.

I lick my lips and continued my journey. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows. "I'll only tell you if you ask."

I rolled my eyes at him and showed him my middle finger. He laughed and took my hand in his. "I'm serious Jess. Don't go in there."

"Why not?" My voice was raspy front being unused.

He smiled, "I love the extremely rare occasions that you speak. This is like the second time in two months."

I looked at him and he shrugged, "Fine then, go...you know I kicked his ass for you." He laughed, "It was fun, really. He's still my best friend though. You wanna know why I'm telling you this? Because..."

He trailed off when I opened the doors and saw Andrew. He was just on his phone but when he looked up at me, his expression changed. Happiness, confusion, hurt all took over his face but only one won...love.

He took a step foward but I stepped back. I turned around and walked to the bathroom, feeling the tears starting to stream down. I heard his footsteps behind me. I wasn't ready to face him. Not now. You think two months would be enough...it wasn't.

I remembered something that Andrew told me but the more I tried to forget the more it fought back and pushed it's way through my memory.

"I'm in love with you Jessie. But do not fall in love with me. I will take you to museums and parks and monuments and kiss you in every beautiful place so that you can never go back without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave, you will finally understand why storms are named after people."