A Mutual Longing - Part 6

Jennie pov:

The next few weeks were much better. Jimin found it in his heart to forgive me and we were back to normal.   Yoongi continued to live with Jimin and we even shared meals sometimes although he wouldn't make eye contact with me.  He was very respectful making sure our mistake would not happen again.  He mostly kept to his room when he was home and Jimin and I didn't speak about our problem again. It was frustrating seeing him act so cold towards me but I understood we couldn't just be friends.  

After a while, I didn't see Yoongi at all.  It was like he was avoiding us.  I missed the music that was always coming from his room.  I missed sharing meals with him and Jimin.  Yoongi was gone and I could only guess why.  I finally asked Jimin if he had heard from him when he didn't come home yet again.  

"Did Yoongi move out?"

"No, his stuff is still here,"  Jimin replied.

"You haven't heard from him at all?"  I was starting to get worried as was Jimin.

"No, text him.  Check to see if he's okay." He asked.

Yoongi answered that he was staying with Rapmon cause they were working on a project together.

"Oh, okay.  We were worried about you."

"I'm fine, thanks."  He replied.  

But he wasn't fine.  A few days later Jimin got a call from a bar asking him to pick up Yoongi because he was passed out drunk after getting in a fight.  Luckily the bartender knew him and didn't call the cops.  

When we got there Yoongi was slouched in a chair his pale cheek red and starting to bruise.  He looked dazed and lost.  I asked the bartender for some ice for his face and waited while Jimin found out what happened and paid his bill.  I gently put the ice on his cheek as he looked up at me.  He looked so vulnerable and thin my heart was aching.  I wanted to hug him and make him happy again.  I was falling into the trap again.  There was something about him I just couldn't resist.  I realized I couldn't be around him without feeling for him.  

Jimin said, "let's go," and we helped Yoongi to the car.  I rode in the back with Yoongi and asked him if he was okay.  He just stared at me as I gently applied the ice. 

"The bartender said you've been getting drunk every day.  Why?" I asked. 

He looked down but didn't say anything.

"Why did you get into a fight?"  I asked

"I've been partying. What do you care?" He said slurring his words. 

"I do care about you and so does Jimin. We thought you were staying with Rapmon." I said. 

"I want to sleep." He whined. "With you," he whispered. 

My eyes shot up to his as he grabbed my cold hand in his warm one intertwining our fingers.