Caught In A Lie - Part 8

Jennie's POV

On the ride home I wondered how much my life would change. I was happy about my future but it was also sad to leave the life I had now behind. They warned me that I would be very busy. Would there be time for me to hang out with Jimin and my other friends? I also thought about my feelings for Yoongi.  Would this be my last ride on his motorcycle?  And why was he so hot and cold with me?

I squeezed him a little tighter and enjoyed being so close to him, after all, it was very likely this might be our last ride together

I squeezed him a little tighter and enjoyed being so close to him, after all, it was very likely this might be our last ride together.  I would really miss this.  All these thoughts kept me from noticing where we were going. Instead of taking me to Jimin, Yoongi had taken me home.

"Yoongi, why did you bring me here?" I asked a little peeved at him.

"I need to talk to you." He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer as I removed the helmet.  As soon as we walked inside he said. "I'm sorry that I can't go to your celebration tonight."

"Why not?  I want you there.  I thought you were happy for me."

"I am... but it will only remind me of the day we met and how we both hurt Jimin."

He paused looking for words to explain, convince and confess.

"I don't think you realize how sad he is. You are not his 100 percent and he's not happy about it. That's what I've been thinking about. It makes me very sad cause I like you both so much."

"I see, but why are you telling me this today. You're spoiling my happiness." I said.

"Your life is about to change. As a trainee, you won't have time for a boyfriend. You should break up sooner than later if you don't want to hurt him more."

"He will still be part of my life. I won't hurt him!" I said.

"We did and you still do."

"How?"

"You don't realize what you do. You're just playing around. You flirt with everyone including me and that's not fair to Jimin or me. You make me feel like there is still hope for us. Am I wrong? Why did you let me kiss you that day?  You could have stopped me."