The Performance - Part 3

Jennie's pov

We arrived 15 minutes later at a packed club. Jimin's friends were going to perform tonight which made it more exciting. We made our way to a table Jimin had reserved for all of us. It was on the side with a good view of the elevated stage. We got some drinks and chatted while we waited for his friends to arrive. Jungkook and Taehyung came first cracking up about some inside joke. Taehyung possessively pulled his friend along. They were so cute together I wondered if they were a couple.

They were really sweet and friendly boys and happy to support their friends that were performing. Then Jin and my friend Hoseok arrived. These two really handsome guys entertained us with their bigger-than-life personalities. I had never met Jin before, but Hoseok told me they had been friends since high school. They all seemed really happy and jealous that Jimin had a date and they didn't. They made me feel happy and included just like I had secretly hoped.

We talked for a while before the lights in the room dimmed and the stage was illuminated with a spotlight on the mic. Jimin's friend Rapmon was introduced by the DJ.

He was tall and handsome with big eyes, and a deep voice. The crowd was excited and bobbed their heads to the beat as he fired out his rap. His stage presence was magnetic. 

"Wow, he's really good!" I told Jimin. 

"I told you," he said, "I can't wait for you to meet Yoongi too!"

In my mind flashed the face of the cute coffee shop guy. Suddenly, there was a roar of applause as the said boy walked up to the mic with all the swag he could muster.

"Here he comes," said Jimin. 

I stared at him and my heart skipped a beat. The music started as he coyly smiled at the crowd. He took the mic off the stand and placed it close to his mouth raising his other hand as if to acknowledge the applause. Then he started to rap.

The audience went crazy as he spitfire

The audience went crazy as he spitfire.  His diss was on point as collective oo's could be heard from the crowd.

Suga: (translated)

Even my family couldn't foresee my success
What's the point of talking about it when I wasn't sure myself
Even my family saw me as a tough cookie
I'm the public enemy to my rapper hyungs
Who benefited by slandering us
Every one of them had the taste of money
They say two things with one mouth
And head to the big companies
What do you know about me?
You can't control my shit
If you're going to leave
Take back what you've said before
If you ask me how I've succeeded
I don't really have an answer
But at least, I slept less and stayed active
Compared to you all so grow up

I'm still not sure about the secret to success
But I think I know the secret to failure
The secret is to play the fool just like you
And keep blabbing your mouth
But I wouldn't live like that even if I had to die

Gi give it to me
Money, honor, whatever it may be, bring it to me
Fame flashlight
Gi give it to me (gi give it to me)
I don't mind whatever it may be, so bring it to me