two weeks later

------------------ASHER POV--------------------------------

It's been a couple of weeks since Kylee left for her uncles pack my wolf has been ignoring me unless there is danger present. Even though it felt wrong I've been with Rosie every night. I've started noticing things about her that annoy me that I've never noticed before. Like the way she's always smacking her gum, twirling her hair, how she's disrespectful to everyone except for my parents. I have started comparing her with Kylee my mate.

Rejecting Kylee is the most unbearable pain that I've been through. Thinking about her I came up with the perfect plan to see her without being suspicious. Plan in mind I call beta Landon.

Ring...Ring...Ring "Alpha Asher" was the greeting I received. "Beta Landon Iwould like for you to meet me in my office". "Yes alpha right away".

Two minutes later he appeared looking as if I just woke him, which is possible considering it's three in the morning. My gosh I didn't realize it was so late. "Beta Landon I would like to arrange a trip for me, you, and Eric to have a meeting to discuss the rogue situation with alpha Jadyn".

Gratitude shown in his eyes at the thought of seeing his daughter. "I'll call him right away alpha". Before he could fully walk out I told him " tell him to expect us tomorrow afternoon. We will leave first thing in the morning".

Thinking about seeing his mate brought a happiness he hasn't felt in a long time. How would she react to their arrival? He didn't know, but was anxious to find out. With thoughts of seeing his mate, he went to his room and fell asleep.

At 6 a.m. Asher was awake and dresses waiting for beta Landon and Eric.

---------------KYLEE POV------------------------------

I was sitting around my room reading my book when there was a knock on the door. Opening it up Ryan was standing there. The expression on his face had me on edge. "We need to talk" I was confused but lead him to the seating area of the bedroom. Oncehe was comfortable he asked "do you want the good news or bad news first"? "I think you should tell me the bad news first". He nodded then after he took a minute to think he said "alpha Asher of the frost pack will be here this afternoon for a meeting to discuss the rogue situation" at the mention of my mate visiting I started freaking out, but when Ryan gathered me in his arms to comfort me I felt safe. Once I was over my mini freak out he continued "good news is he's bringing uncle Landon and Eric". That brought the biggest smile to my face, and I instantly cheered up. It's only been two weeks, but it felt like longer.

For the next few hours me, Ryan, and Meghan spent our time running in the woods together. We came to a clearing with a beautiful lake. The water was a sparkling blue surrounded by a lush green field full of tulips and sunflowers. There were pine trees near by to give a nice shade, and rocks to jump off of. As soon as I spotted the lake it's like my paws had a mind of their own. Next thing I know I jumped in and felt the cool water on my back. Now that I was in the water I was back to my human form. Same as Ryan and Meghan. We played around for a couple of hours before Ryan said we needed to head back. We all transformed back into our wolf before racing each other back to the pack house.

At the edge of the woods I started picking up familiar scents coming from the house that makes me both anxious and frightened. Ryan sensing my unease told Meghan we'd meet her inside. Once she was out of range he turned to me and said "don't show him how much he hurt you Kylee, it's time for him to suffer the way he made you suffer". I grinned before straightening my shoulders, and walking in with my head held high.