Chapter 6

ZOEY 12:31 SEPTEMBER 28, 2013

It was lunch time now. A time were students could talk freely as they please. She walked over to the table Rythian was sitting at.

"Hey Zoey." Rythian said as enthusiastically as Rythian could.

" Hi Rythian!" Zoey said brightly.

Zoey and Rythian were becoming very good friends. They were really close. Closer then Duncan and Zoey ever were.

"Do it, do it, do it!" Zoey said excitedly to Rythian.

" No I might get caught." he said.

" Well your no fun!" she said sarcastically.

" I'll show you fun!" he said laughing.

A jolt of magic came from no where and swirled around the legs of a chair. It gently pulled it out. Zoey sat down. The magic pushed the chair back in. Zoey was laughing.

" Was that fun?" he asked with a smirk under his mask.

" Yes, sitting down in a chair was very fun!" she giggled.

DUNCAN 12:36 SEPTEMBER 28, 2013

Zoey and him were growing distant. They were still friends, and they still talked. But, not as much as they used to. Duncan was very sad about this. Zoey was his best friend.

You know what the problem was? Rythian. Rythian was the reason Zoey didn't hang out with Duncan. He hated Rythian so much for steeling his best friend. He always glared at Rythian and threatened him when Zoey wasn't around. He needed a plan to get his friend back. He cared about her to much to loose her.

He looked around for Zoey. Of course, he thought, she's by Rythian. We went over to the table they were sitting at.

" Hi Duncan!" Zoey said with a big smile.

"Hi, Zoey." he simply said.

" What brings you over here?" she asked curiously.

" Well, I need to talk to you, and you always ditch me." he mumbled that last part.

"I'll leave you two alone." and with that Rythian got up and sat at a table with another friend, Teep.

" What do you need to talk about?" she asked.

" I need to talk about..." he started "us."

A look of concern, sadness, and nervousness suddenly flashed in her eyes.

" W-wha w-what do you mean?" she stammered.

" No, no!" he rushed " not like that!"

She relaxed a bit.

" I just wanted to know, what happend to our friendship?" he asked.

" I don't know," Zoey admitted " we used to be best friends. Things seem to be..... different now."

" But, I liked the way things were before." Duncan said.

" Yeah I did to..." she lied a little when she said that.

ZOEY 12:41 SEPTEMBER 28, 2013

She really liked Duncan. But, he didn't seem normal since they got back to school. He seemed so distant. They used to know everything about each other. Since they've been back Duncan seemed really mad... almost... jealous maybe. Why would he be jealous? That is why she was becoming super close with Rythian. He was a good listener, had perfect hair, and beautiful lilac eyes. He was becoming her best friend. She still wanted to be friends with Duncan, though. Who was a better friend? Zoey didn't know. But she still had to try to keep a good relationship with Duncan.