Chapter 14

RYTHIAN 8:00 OCTOBER 5, 2013

It was Saturday. The day after the dance. They day after he told Zoey he loved her. He sighed. What do I do now? Nothing will be the same. Zoey probably hates me. But I can't ignore her forever. I'll have to talk to her sooner or later. But I rather it be later. I hope neither of us remember what I said last night. All the sudden my mom called me downstairs.

"Rythian! Someone is here to see you!" She shouted.

"Okay!" I acknowledge her.

Please don't let it be Zoey. Please. I walk downstairs and look to see who's there. It was Kim.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"The question is, why weren't you at the dance last night?" Kim asked.

Rythian didn't say anything.

"How could you just walk out like that? Do you know how upset Zoey was? She was in tears Rythian!" She started to sound angry.

"I-" He was cut off.

"Why didn't you stay? You should have at least let her explain." Kim said,

"Look, I didn't even mean to say anything like that. It slipped. And I don't want Zoey to hate me. But because of me, our friendship is probably ruined." He said.

"How do you know she doesn't feel the same?" She asked him.

"Why would she?" He shot back.

Rythian's phone buzzed. It was a text from Tee.

'Dude really?'

'How could you just do that to her?'

'Your one chance and you blew it!'

'You should've let her say something!'

'How do you know about that?' Rythian texted.

'Because I talked, um, she talked to me and told me everything.'

'Great, how about the whole school know...' Rythian rolled his eyes.

'Well, actually, a few people know...' Tee responded.

'Fantastic. They'll all see me as the big jerk who walked out on a girl at the dance.'

'Look, just talk to her when you can.'

'Okay, I guess.'

Kim was looking at me. Her arms crossed.

"That was Tee. He just gave me the same speech." Rythian said.

"Good, you deserve it." She said.

There was a pause, "Do people really know what happened?" He asked, looking at the ground.

"Well if by people you mean me, Duncan, Tee, Lewis, Simon, Hannah, and Nilesy then yep." She replied.

"That's not a lot of people at least." He said.

"You know Rythian? I actually thought you could do it. I thought you could so easily do it. I thought, you could say I love you so easily to her. But obviously, you can't see she loves you to. " Kim said.

"You have no idea how hard it is to say those words." Rythian said defensively.

"I know. I said I thought. Not I think. Now I realize that must have been pretty hard." She said.

"Not for you to say to Duncan." He mumbled.

"Hey! I do not like Duncan!" She shouted.

"You said I was pretty oblivious to liking Zoey, so why can't you be oblivious to liking Duncan?" He asked.