Chapter 11

ZOEY 4:46 OCTOBER 3, 2013

Zoey was at home. She was working on homework for school. But she couldn't focus. She was to nervous about the dance tomorrow. She picked up her phone and texted Rythian.

'Hey'

'Hi'

'What are you doing'

'Just reading'

'Wanna come over?'

'Why'

'Because I'm bored and I wanna talk'

'Fine, leave your window open, I'll be over in like 5 mins'

'K'

Zoey left her phone on her desk and opened her window up. She waited on her bed thinking. Thinking about how tomorrow night was gonna be. She would be with Duncan and Rythian will be with Kim. And they were all gonna be at a dance. Dancing. Like a date. Zoey didn't want it to be a date. She wanted to go as friends, She saw a movement by the window. Rythian was entering through it.

"Hey Rythian!" She greeted him.

"Hello Zoey." he responded, "Why am I here?" He asked.

"Because I'm bored and I want to talk." She said sitting down on her bed.

"Fair Enough." He said.

"So, are you excited for tomorrow." Zoey asked.

"Not gonna lie, not really." He said joining Zoey on the bed.

Zoey frowned, "Why it's gonna be fun!" She said masking her nervousness.

"Sure." He said rolling his eyes.

There was an awkward silence for a while.

Then Zoey said, "Do you think I'm making a mistake?"

"What?" Rythian asked her confused.

"Do you think I'm making a mistake going with Duncan?" She asked, playing with her fingers.

"Zoey, you're the only one who can answer that." Rythian simply said back, "what do you think."

"I don't know." Zoey shook her head and put it in her hands. "It'll be weird, it's gonna be like a date."

She noticed Rythian stiffened up at the word date.

"Well, then make it not like a date." He suggested.

"How do I do that?" Zoey questioned.

Rythian thought for a moment, "Well, if he tries to make a romantic gesture turn it into a friendly one." He said each word with disgust.

"Okay, fair enough." She laughed, then sighed.

"What's the matter?" Rythian asked her.

"Just thinking." She replied.

"Bout tomorrow?" He questioned.

"No, something else." She said. Then asked,"how do you know when your in love?"

Rythian looked uncomfortable. Something strange flashed in his eyes.

"I, um, I don't know. I guess it's when you really care about someone. When you would do anything for them. You like being around them. You would put their needs in front of yours." He said, trying not to make eye contact.

Zoey still saw the unknown emotion in his eyes.

RYTHIAN 5:05 OCTOBER 3, 2013

There was an awkward silence after that. Zoey had a look of curiosity on her face.

"You okay Ryth?" She asked.

"Ya, fine." He said, "Look, I gotta go." He said getting up.

"Please don't be mad." Zoey said getting up to hug him to keep him from leaving.

He laughed,"Zoey I'm not mad." He said.

"If your not mad don't leave." She said.

He sighed,"Alright."

"What are you wearing to the dance?" She asked excitedly.

"I was planning something like this." He gestures to his clothes.

"You wear that every day." She complained.

"Actually no, I have several of the same outfit." He said.

"Well whatever. You can't wear that. You gotta bet semi fancy." She said thinking, "let's go to your house so I can fix this issue."

He sighed, "Really? I don't wanna get fancy."

"To bad, let's go." She pulled him to his feet.

"Can we exit through the window?" Rythian asked.

Zoey smiled, "What did you think, we would walk?"

He laughed, "Fair enough, hold on tight."

He climbed out the window with Zoey clinging on tightly. Rythian left the house flying to his own.

Authors Note: Yay! Finally! I've updated! Sorry like I said, I'm pretty busy. So, until next time! Bai! :)