Chapter 4

ZOEY 8:23 SETEMBER 3, 2013

Second day of school. Piece of cake. Same as the first. But where was Duncan? He wasn't by the science lab. So where else would he be? Zoey really had no idea. Oh! But Rythian was sitting on the floor by the lockers, and he was drawing in his notebook. She decided to go and talk to him. Zoey walked over and sat down beside him. As soon as she did Rythian slammed his notebook shut.

" Hi Rythian!" Zoey said brightly.

" Hi Zoey." He replied.

" So you do remember me!" she sarcastically said.

" How could I forget a girl with fire red hair?" he said right back.

" Well, I guess that's a good point," she mumbled, " what class do we have first?"

" English" Rythian answered.

" Ok, walk with me" she demanded in a nice way.

It was kinda weird they had the exact same schedule. But Zoey didn't mind. Rythian was cool. They both got up and started walking to the English room. On the way Zoey talked about her love for mushrooms, her favorite things, what she liked to do. Basically everything about her. Rythian also answered the questions Zoey asked. He didn't really talk much about himself but Zoey didn't mind. She only just became friends with him.

The two may be complete opposites, but they got along so well.

DUNCAN 8:26 SEPTEMBER 3, 2013

Really? Duncan was really late coming to school. His mom was a little slow this morning. When he walked into the building he looked for Zoey. Maybe she was already in class. When he was walking towards the lockers there was the unmistakable red hair he was looking for, and she was sitting next to Rythian. That negative feeling ignited inside him again. He tried to push it away. But the more he looked at them, the stronger it got. They finally got up and walked to their first hour class.

Why did this feeling always occur when Zoey was with Rythian? Why was it so violent? Duncan didn't know the answers to these questions. He was really annoyed and irritated. He threw his coat in his locker and stomped of to English.

When he got there he saw Zoey and Rythian sitting next to each other. Zoey motioned him to sit on the other side of her. Should he sit there or not? Duncan decided he would just to talk to her.

" Where were you this morning?" Zoey asked him.

" I was a little late," he said " but you don't seem to mind since you didn't wait for me."

" What was I suppose to do, wait around for you and be late myself?" she replied with a hint of surprise in her voice.

" Yeah, we're best friends," said Duncan " we have each other's back."

" What's with you lately?" Zoey asked him suddenly with a change in topic.

" What do you mean?" Duncan asked right back.

" Ever since we got back to school," she started " you seem... different."

" What do you mean?" he repeated.

" I don't know, you seem, annoyed with me. Am I bothering you?" Zoey asked with sadness in her voice.

Duncan suddenly felt like a big jerk.

" No your not!" he said quickly " I guess there's a lot of pressure because of a new school year."

" Oh, ok" Zoey replied not really believing him.

RYTHIAN 8:38 SEPTEMBER 3, 2013

Rythian looked over at Zoey. He saw that Duncan was harshly whispering with Zoey. He never really liked Duncan. He was a science geek. Rythian was into magic. Plus, he always saw Duncan glaring at him. He didn't know why Duncan seemed to hate him right away. Maybe it was because he liked magic? But he hadn't told anyone that. He didn't know why Duncan hated him but he would like to know. He didn't like the way Duncan was talking to Zoey. She was such a nice girl and didn't deserve that. But, he decided not to get involved. A new feeling had started a fire inside him. What was it? It was defiantly negative. Was it... jealousy? Why would he be jealous?

DUNCAN 10:30 SEPTEMBER 3, 2013

It was a few hours since he had a dispute with Zoey. He needed to apologize. It was study hall so now was the perfect time.

" Zoey..." Duncan mumbled " can we talk?"

" That depends, are you going to yell at me?" she said with a tone of sadness.

" Look... I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was just..." he didn't finish the sentence.

" You were just what?" Zoey asked concerned now.

" I don't know. I was just stupid." he said.

" Well I agree with that." she giggled.

" Hey!" he laughed back " so are we cool?"

"We're cool." Zoey said.

" Great I can't stand the thought of not having you in my life." Duncan immediately regretted the last part of that sentence.

He blushed madly. Zoey saw this.

" No it's fine," she reassured him " I don't think I could live without you either."

Authors Note: Oh my gerd! Second day of school, hey? Not bad for me I think. I've written worse. Sorry for all the short chapters but hopefully they will be a little longer in the future! Anyways, bai for now! :)