Chapter 6 - "Far from perfect."

Micah Brown

Saturday morning I woke up , last night was okay for it being my first party. Even though I barley stayed , it was a nice little experience. It was a hype , even though all I did was give some guy my number. But Kelly was a BIG life saver, because when I got home my mom came in my room five minutes later to see if I was there.

But I decided to check my phone, and see if Kendall text me.

Shyla - I seen pictures on Twitter , and you was at a PARTY????

Unknown Number- Wassup, this Mace.

Unknown number- Kendall's looking for you, did you make it home safe ?

Kendall - what the hell happen to you?? Mace told me he left and the last place he saw you was in the kitchen.

I sighed and decided to text Kendall back.

- I left with my neighbor since he was heading home. I couldn't find you and had to leave.

I sighed , and my mom yelled my name like any typical morning. I sighed and got up putting on my bunny slippers on. I rushed down stairs , and my mom stood at the door with Shy making me frown.

"Oh honey I'm on my way out, but shy stop by to see you." She slightly smiled, and I slightly nodded my head. My mom left out , and Shy closed the door.

"Hey.... I wouldn't think you'll be up so early." She said with a smirk.

I frown. "What are you doing here?" I asked, she frowned.

"What I'm not allowed to come and see my friend?" I sighed and walk down the stairs.

"I wouldn't really consider you as a friend after what you told me the other day." She smack her lips.

She frown. "But you took my advice though!" I scoff.

"Not really, a actual friend wanted to hang out with me. Something you never bother doing." Shy let out a faint laugh.

"Every time I asked you to hang out with my friends you'll always say no. Then when we do hang out by ourselves , you do the same ole shit and stay in the house." I rolled my eyes.

"The first couple of times, I'll hang out with your little clique you let them talk about me or let them treat me wrong. How about the time they so called invited me to their sleepover, When i came all they wanted was my sleeping bag, and say it wasn't enough room. You did NOTHING." Shy sighed.

"Okay man, you won. I'm SORRY, does that make you feel any better?" I roll my eyes.

"You can leave." She smack her lips.

Shy took a deep breath. "Can we not fall off over something so stupid. I said I'm sorry, and I mean it. You never told me how you felt. You never spoke up." I sighed.

"I shouldn't have too." She nodded slowly.

"Alright..that's my fault. I'm sorry, I miss us hanging out. It's been over two months." I sighed.

"I do too." I admit, making her smile.

Kelly Oubre Jr.