Chapter 8 - The change

Micah Brown

Four days later

The next week of school was decent, me and Kendall went to the grill each day for lunch. My relationship with Shyla was getting better I guess. We spoke more in school, but she also notice how me and Kendall was friends. But I liked Kendall , she was cool and fun. I open my purse and look inside the envelope. "Micah" was written across in sharpie , and I knew my aunt Jamie sent it.

Jamie was a twenty-five year old women I always looked up too. Jamie was my heart , before she moved to California. We had a close bond, and I always loved her. But Jamie ended up dating this basketball player she met at a club when she turned twenty-one. They started dating , two years later her proposed and they got engaged. Next thing you know I was a bridesmaid at her wedding.

But my Aunt Jamie always had a perfect life, and she was always lucky. How could she just meet a rich ass basketball player at a club? But my aunt Jamie had her ways.

I look at the check that she always sent me once a month.

"Three hundred bucks." I read out loud, she sent me this last month but I never really spent it until today. But today I was going to spend all of it.

Kendall and I was going to this kickback that her brother invited us to. So of course I was going to go. But Kendall suggested us to go shopping today after school. She wanted me to get an new wardrobe.

I met Kendall at her Benz , and got in. She made her route to water field mall, parked closed to the main entrance as possible. She look at my outfit and shook her head.

"Okay, my dad gave me his black card. So we can get you anything you want, we just can't go over the limit." I quickly shook my head.

"It's okay, my aunt sent me three hundred dollars." She frown.

"Girl , my daddy gave me a limit of time ." She chuckle. "When he give me his black card, that's when we can BALL. I just have to be back before this thing tonight." I bit my lips unsure what to say.

"Come on...and trust me. You don't have to pay back."

Kelly Oubre Jr.

"Alright boys! Let's finish off strong. Come on y'all!" I sighed as he blew che whistle , making us laps up and down the court on a time limit. I ran down the court touching the cone, and I ran back as couch blew the whistle.

"Good time! Good time! Oubre! 11.2 seconds." I sighed as I blew out of breath still not beating my time. I walk over to the bench picking up my Gatorade water bottle drinking some water. I shook my head as Tyler walked over to me.

"Damn, this our first day of practice and I'm already done with basketball season." I chuckle.

"I hope you joking cause you got all season. Matter of fact , this just pre-seasons if anything." He chuckle biting of a protein bar.

"If anything, this is pre-practice. It's still September. Only the second week of school nigga." I chuckle as couch blew the whistle as break was over.

"Damn already?" Amir said while smacking his lips. I laughed as he couldn't even make it too his water ball. I shook my head and got ready to finish off my drills

_____

After basketball practice , I checked the time and it was way past the actually gone basketball was over with. I shook my head as the cheerleaders game back in from outside practicing. I quickly grab my bag so Asia wouldn't catch up to me. As I closed the locker room door , Asia appeared from the water fountain. I walked past her and heard her smack her lips.