3.7

i needed to go back home. i haven't had a full conversation with my mom in a while. i missed her.

"mom, sit down on the couch with me." i say patting the empty cushion next to me. she cocks her head to me, lowering her dark coffee from her face.

"wow. for the first time we're going to actually talk like mother and daughter?"

"yep." i smile continuing to pat the cushion next to me.

"well, guess i should tell you this now that we're actually face to face with each other." i furrow my eyebrows at my mother, confused.

"what...are you talking about?" i ask.

"huh, well, look at this." she shows me her phone screen. a house pops up. a pretty dark brown house with two light colored poles in front of it. it looked nothing like my house now. a price at the bottom of the picture shows $20,547.

"what is this?"

"our new house." she smiles.

what was i supposed to think? too many things were clouding my mind when she told me we were moving into this house. i've never moved out of this house and this would be the first. i would be moving away from ethan and who knows where this house is located.

"no." i shake my head. "we can't move."

"why not?"

"because i don't want to."

"well, claudia, it's not really your choice. i'm bringing boxes home a week from now." she says. "were taking a road trip." she walks up from the couch walking over to her black coffee. her lips perk up at the hot coffee stinging her lips.

"you don't understand. i'm leaving everyone."

"everyone? you don't have any friends, claudia. you were homeschooled for most of your life and the only person you know is madison and that boy."

"yes and that boy is the love of my life, mom!"

"well, you can't see him anymore."

"do you not get it? what if your mom told you that you were moving away. the love of your life was going to be left behind. how would you feel? because i know damn well that you wouldn't want to move. i'm not moving, mom. i'll sit my ass down," i stomp my foot on the ground. "and stay here. with ethan."

"you can't do that."

"i'm eighteen. i can do whatever the hell i want."

"i'm your mother! no you cannot!"

"eighteen is the legal age of when you can move out on your own, mom. sorry you've never had the chance until you were thirty!" i yell.

"claudia, you close damn door and you'll never see me again."

"kiss my ass, mom." i slam the door stomping my feet on the ground. i knock violently on ethan's door praying he'd open it before my mom grabs me into the house.

soon enough, ethan comes out letting me inside.

"can i move in? i'll-i'll-i will get a job. pay whatever you need for this house. i just don't wanna leave."

"claudia, what are you talking about?"

"my mom told me we were going to move. i'm not leaving. i'm not leaving you or my memories. ever."

tip of the day; go on more late night runs if you want to feel good about yourself.

pretend someone is chasing you and run as fast as you can. you'll feel so good about yourself :))