Chapter Four (Part One)

Dan, Phil, and Winnie get out of the cab from the airport, the bustling city of London blurring around them, no longer in their own, small, world in a cab. The driver gets out of the car, he unloads their luggage, Phil thanks and pays the driver while Dan and Winnie look around he sidewalk, Dan showing her little things he likes and dislikes about the street they live on.

"Ready to go in, little lion?" Phil asks, surprising both of the two, they both turn around and look at Phil who's standing by the three suitcases and holding his wallet.

"Yes!" Her smile widens, as does Dan's and Phil's, the excitement in their little girl's voice makes them happier than anyone could imagine.

"Well, let's go. Grab your luggage," Dan says, loudly before ushering the other two inside, not wanting to get recognized by any fans, don't get him wrong, he loves his fans, he just wants to be inside his house with his husband and their daughter.

Phil leads the family to the front door of the flat, he digs around in his pocket and realizes he doesn't have the key to the apartment. Thankfully, Dan does and he hands it to Phil while laughing at Phil's worried expression. Winnie's dancing around impatiently as she waits for Phil to open the door.

"Ta da!" Phil practically yells in the hallway as the door pops open, Winnie enters first, followed by Dan, then Phil who locks the door behind them.

"Dad, it's so big!" Winnie exclaims upon seeing the large entry room they were in.

"We had to get a big house, so there's space for you! Our old flat only had three bedrooms, and two were used for our jobs, darling." Dan explains the situation before walking past Winnie and sneaking off into her room.

"Daddy, can we go explore, please?" Winnie's eyes light up at the thought, Phil nods and happily follows along behind her as he tells her all the different rooms as they walk past.

"Little lion, you missed a door; come here and open it!" Phil calls out to Winnie who ran past the most important door.

Winnie opens the door and squeals as she runs into the bright colored room full of toys, furniture, and a huge princess bed equipped with a pastel pink canopy. She runs, not to Dan or Phil's surprise, straight to the doll house full of different Barbie and Ken dolls. She picks up the Barbie doll but drops it when she sees there's another door leading out of her bedroom. Winnie walks over to the door, looking at her dads before opening it, they just nod and she opens it. When the door opens, there's a huge closet with a few outfits and more storage space for toys.

"That's why we need to go shopping, darling, we have to fill up your closet." Dan looks into the closet where Winnie was sitting on the ground feeling the carpet.

"It's so soft, dad, feel!" She looks up at him and waves her hand in a gesture indication for him to go over to her.

"It is surprisingly soft, Winn. Phil comes here, feel the carpet." Dan laughs and beckons Phil over to feel the carpet.

"It's soft and neat," Phil whispers into Dan's ear as he bends down and feels the carpet.

Dan hits Phil's arm making him shut up. Dan thinks about the last time they ruined the internet with the DanAndPhilCRAFTS Potato Prints video. Soft and neat, was everywhere, it made no sense, their fans ruined comment sections, videos, Twitter replies, Instagram comments, and even Facebook comments. Everyone hated them in April during those three years when they uploaded the crafts videos. First, square flakes then, glitter faces lastly, potato prints, the video where they sent Phil to "Him" a satanic cult leader. The only thing he loved so much about making the crafts videos is that they were improvised and not scripted whatsoever.

"Dan, we're going into the kitchen. Are you coming?" Phil asks from the doorway while being dragged away by an excited Winnie.

"I'm gonna unpack Winn's stuff if that's okay!" He answers, but Phil's already long gone with their daughter.

Phil shows Winnie around the rest of the house ending in their bedroom. He lets her try to figure out her way to the kitchen which she saw earlier in the tour. They start getting closer and closer to the kitchen, the only way Winnie can tell is the scent of tomato sauce that's in the air.

Dan finishes unpacking his daughter's small suitcase quickly throwing everything into the washing machine to deal with later. He heads into the kitchen and decides to make pasta, comfort food for Winnie's first day home, he's setting the bar high with the cooking skills. The pasta sauce starts to bubble as does the water for the pasta, he pours in the penne pasta, setting a timer for ten minutes as to not forget when the pasta is done. While he waits, he grates a small amount of parmesan cheese to put on top. The timer dings, indicating the past is done, he turns off the stove and drains the past over the sink. After it finishes draining he portions it into three bowls, one for each of them. Before he puts the sauce on, he can hear Winnie's and Phil's voices getting closer.

"I made lunch!" Dan calls, hoping to make them hurry up and stop dilly-dallying.

"Bonjour mon amour," Phil smiles and kisses Dan's cheek to thank him for the food.

"Winnie, do you want sauce on your pasta?" Dan asks looking over at his daughter who is now sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Yes, please!" She says loudly swinging her legs around and spinning on the stool.

Dan takes his and Winnie's bowls while Phil takes his own then sits down next to Winnie. Dan grabs the cheese from the counter top, sprinkling a little on his own pasta, then beginning to eat. Everyone else does the same, there's not much conversation, just the occasional chewing noise from Winnie or "mmm" from Phil.

"We need to make some plans! I think we should all go shopping this afternoon, does that sound okay?" Phil asks looking up from his bowl of pasta that has almost all been eaten.

"Yeah, sounds good to me, Winn?" Dan shrugs and looks over at Winnie who's covered in tomato sauce, she nods and it's set they're going to go shopping after lunch. 

//part two will be uploaded tomorrow morning, then chapter five will be uploaded on schedule tomorrow night. sorry im v v tired and this was an okay stopping point for today so i'll be updating this TWICE tomorrow if it's not up by 11AM (est) tomorrow come yell at me on instagram @icanmakeyou_howell. please come yell at me okay thanks see you tomorrow//