Neglect (a Louis Tomlinson fan fic)

Chapter 1

I guess alot of people have many excuses for why they dont want to return to school, but not me, I'm glad I don't need to be home with my dad,

Hell, I don't even call him 'dad' anymore, he stopped being my 'dad' when he started to physically abuse me, five years ago from today, he began to drink heavily, and thats where it all started.

Everyday I have to find an excuse for all the cuts and brusies. I even have a scar from when my 'dad' went to far with his drinking. It's right on top of my knee, I still remember how that piece of glass got pushed onto my skin, I try not to think about it that much though.

"Hello " I answer my phone, it's Jade, my brothers friend, she takes me to school everyday since I don't have a car.

"I'm outside, you ready?" she asks, I can hear the car door slam behind her. I take one more look at my outfit, its a red and black basketball jersey of the bulls and black skinny jeans, along with some black Jordans. I'm not really at the average size that I'm supposed to be at but it wasnt my chioce, Billy, my 'dad', told me that my mom was overweight. So I'm just going to need to deal with it for the rest of my life. Although I'm not average size that doesnt mean I'm unheathy, I have a sort of fit body for someone my size.

I've never meet my mom, Billy says that she died giving birth to me, but when he's drunk he tells me that my mom left because she didnt even want me in the first place. I don't want to tell anyone about Billy's problems because I dont them them to take me into a foster home, since I'm only 16.

"Hey, c'mon lets go I'm going to be late" Jade says, walking into my room. She has our spare key since I can't trust Billy with it.

"Okay" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair, letting my wavy hair flow wherever. "How's my brother" I haven't seen my brother in almost a year, since he goes to college and spends most of his days partying. He's not a horrible brother but he hasn't been one of the best either.

"He's doing fine." Jade says as she gets in the car. I wait for her to unlock the door and I quickly get in. Jade is a close friend of my brother and she keeps me updated on his life, since she's in college with him.

"He's got a job and is winning money again" I can feel my eyes pop. This is great! Last time she told me about him he was crashing at some friends house since he didnt have a dorm anymore, that was at least two months ago.

"Thats great, does he have his dorm back?" I question.

"Yes, he also wanted me to give you something" she smiles. I quickly turn my body over to her and wait for whatever it is.

"What is it" I cant help but ask.

"You'll see" She smirks, God, I hate it when she keeps it a secret. She parks in my school's parking lot and then she reaches to the back of the car, taking something out of her backpack.

"Here" she hands me a little box. I quickly smile and grab it, opening it

It's an I Phone...

"I can't take this" I hand her the wonderful gift back, she doesn't take it, just shakes her head

"No, Chris told me to give it to you, and under no circumstances can you give it back" She crosses her arms over her chest. I can't take this, I don't need it, I learned to not take anyones pitty gifts.

"You know that I dont like taking pitty gifts" I tell her, handing her the present once again.

"Actually, Chris bought you this for all the hard work that you have done for him, so basicly its a thank you gift" She laughs, I can't argue with her on that. I look at the wonderful IPhone thats in my hands, it's the fifth generation. "Just take it, he already put his number and alot of other things in there for you"

"Fine" I sigh, taking the phone out of the box "Tell him I said thank you" I say and climb out of the little car, tucking the phone into my back pocket.

This is my first phone, I tried to save up for one but when I heard about my brothers problems I sent him every penny I had saved up. I even began working to send him the money, of course I kept some money to myself to pay for food but that's it.

I walk the halls with my things help tight to my chest, last year was pretty rough, involving alot of bullies but this year I'm going to try my hardest to stay invisible. The only 'friend' I have is a guy online that I talk alot, I've never seen his face but, as long as I have someone to talk to, I dont mind getting 'catfished'.

I talk to him on my shitty computer, which takes forever to load, so for me to have this phone will help me alot. Should I send him a text?

I quickly go over to my locker, shoving all my useless things in there, and pull out my phone, I turn it on and right away I can see the Black Veil Brides wallpaper that my brother put on there for me. I smile at his gesture before quickly opening it and start looking for the website that I talk to him with.

*brother got me a new phone :))*

I quickly send him the text and put the phone back in my pocket. I'll put a lock on it later.

I finally get the cuorage to look up and see the hallways are completly abandoned, all except one person, he's directly in front of me, back resting on the lockers with his arms crossing over his chest. He has slighly long hair, blue eyes, and a large amount of tattoos on his right arm. He's quite atractive if you ask me.

I've never seen him here before.

Before my brain can focus on whats happening I find out I have been making direct eye contact with him. Shit, shit shit. I need to get out of here, I need to stay away from anyone this year.

I close my locker door and walk over to the girls bathroom. I don't need to be early to class today since it's the first day of school.

*That's great! You should text me with it*

He sends me his number and I quickly text him. His name is Jason but I like to call him Jace for short.

*Shouldn't you be in class*

"Yeah, but it's the first day of school, they dont care if you even show up lol*

*Get to cass missy >:) don't make me drag you in there*

*Fine, bye*

*bye :)*

Once again I shut off my phone and walk out of the restroom.

There he is again, walking this time, is he following me? I'm getting a little scared. He sees me and smirks. I lower my head and make my way to class, I can feel his eyes on me but I keep my eyes low, I don't need any drama this year, I have enough to worry about.

Just one more turn and my classroom will show up that's all I need. No matter how much I try to loose him he stays behind me, his shoes pounding hard against the tile floor. What is up with this guy? Why is he following me.

Finally, I see my classroom straight ahead just a couple more steps

Suddednly I feel my whole body being roughly pushed, no, shoved. I can feel a hand cover my mouth, shit it must be that dude that was following me. I quickly open my eyes and see him pressed against my body, my intstincts take over and my leg lifts up to knee him right in the groin, causing him to let go of me.

I instantly let the breath out, that I didn't know I was holding, and turn my body to the boy that his holding his crotch I quickly reach over and push him down ,making sure he wont get up.

If there's one thing Billy did good at was teaching me how to protect myself.

I run out of the janitors closet, I guess, and run over to my classroom, I could care less about all the attention I'm getting as long as I'm far way from that guy.