Chapter 6

Is done even a word you can use at a moment like this? I would rather say dissapionted. Yeah, that's it, dassapointed. I'm not dissapointed in Billy, more like myself, for letting all of this shit happen. No one should ever go through a pain like this, no one should even go through this.

"Becca, are you alright, what are you doing here?" Alan asks as soon as he opens the door. I've been walking for seven blocks all I want to do is have a cold glass of water.

"Yeah, I just needed to get out of that house" he puts his arm around my shoulders, helping me inside.

"Did you get a ride?" he looks behind me to see if a car is driving away or something.

"No, I came walking" I try to put on my best fake smile but Alan can see through everything.

"What? Becca! You live seven blocks away." Alan goes into the kitchen and brings me back a cup of water. Thank God!

"I know, but Billy is just-"

"Billy? what did he do now!" Alan stands up. I quickly stand up and try to sit him back down.

"Nothing he's sober, actually" again, I try to smile.

"And..." Have you ever wanted something so bad you would do possibly anything to get it? That's what I feel. I wish Billy was sober, a good kind of sober, but not just the type of sober that I just experienced, a normal sober, a sober person that hasn't made me suffer for so many years.

"We got into an argument." I shrug.

"Did he hurt you?" I shake my head, Alan stands up and puts on his shoes. "Stay here."

"What? Where are you going?" I stand up and walk over to him.

"Billy hasn't been sober in over a year, I would like to talk to him for once" you can clearly see out of the window that it's sprinkling.

"Please, just let it go" I beg him. Alan is now putting his sweater on and is almost out the door.

"I'm not going to hurt him." He promises before closing the door and walking to his car.

My back slides down the wall and the warm tears come out. Pain isn't even close to what I feel.

*Billy's POV*

"Alan?" I remember him. He would always play football with Rebecca and Chris. He's a nice guy.

"Yeah, how are you Billy" he shakes my hand, patting my back at the same time.

"I'm fine. What about you? How's Chris?" I dare to ask.

"I'm fine, and Chris is doing great" he takes a seat on one of the wiggly chairs. "Listen, Billy, Becca is at my place, she's fine, but I want to talk to you about her." I swallow. I nod, taking a deep breath.

"For the past years I've seen marks, scars, and bruises on her body, she won't tell me anything but I know that you hurt her. Becca has been in a lot of trouble since you started drinking and it's not right for her, It's not right for any of us. I can see the pain in Becca's eyes every single day, I'm tired of seeing that sweet, innocent girl go to waist... so from now I will be taking care of her. I wanted to talk to you abut this for a very long time but when your were sober and now you are."

"What? You can't just take my daughter away!" I stand up.

"Becca is in a lot of trouble, she won't make it. It's either I take your daughter and let her live her life or you take her life" Alan's face has no emotion. I know he's serious.

"No, you can't take her away from me. I'm trying, I'm going to try and stop, just please don't take her." I beg.

"Becca is strong but she won't make it through all your beating. It's best for you to go and get help and let me take care of her." Alan hasn't moved, he doesn't have one ounce of emotion.