❝ party in harlem ❞

Zonnique

I finished my last drops of the night and sat in the car, counting the profit. Shit wasn't adding up. I haven't been making nothing more than two hundred a night. Ever since I stopped doing drops for Victor, my clientele has been weak. He's been telling everyone not to buy from me. What an asswhole. I sucked my teeth in disbelief and started up the car. I drove in silence highly pissed off. Ro was telling me to just give up the drug game but its all I know. I don't know what else I could be good at to be honest. I pulled up at seven eleven then hopped out the car and walked inside. I went to the back section and made me a large blue raspberry slurpee. As I was walking to the register I felt someone grab my ass.

"What the.. Zoey!" I screeched glaring at him.

"What?"

"Don't be grabbing my ass before I get my boyfriend to beat your ass."

He laughed. "Romero bitch ass? Go ahead and get homeboy fired up."

"Whatever bruh."

I paid for my slurpee and proceeded to go outside to get in my car. I heard Zoey walk out seconds later causing me to glance back.

"What you doing out so late cupcake?" He asked.

"You know what I'm doing."

He threw his hands up in surrender. "Alright smart ass."

"I'll see you around."

"Oh Romero got you on a curfew now?"

"Zoey don't fuck with me. Not now nor will I ever let a nigga run me. I can stay out however I want."

"Well I'm about to go around the way. You wanna roll?"

I froze for a second and nodded. "I'm down."

                   ****

I walked inside the house party behind Zoey, scanning the crowd. Mostly everyone from my school was here; mostly seniors. I saw from people from Harlem and the Bronx. This wasn't my type of scene but hey it's Friday night. Zoey pulled me inside the kitchen where the food and drinks were. He grabbed himself a beer then popped open the can.  A couple of guys came over and they started conversing with eachother. I just stood there, awkwardly.

"Aye this you Zoe?" One of the boys asked gesturing to me.

Zoey shook his head no. "Nah that's Zonnique.."

"Well damn." The boy said looking me up and down.

I slightly rolled my eyes.

"She already seeing someone so back back." Zoey laughed.

A few minutes had past of his friends flirting with me and I was beyond agitated. I went in the living room where the real party was. I grew hot from the humid atmosphere. There was about a hundred people packed in one room. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around my waist. The DJ was playing that 'booty me down'. The crowd got even hyper. Girls were dancing like complete strippers and the guys just looked dehydrated for a twerk. I laughed leaning against the wall, drinking my corona. Beer tastes weird to me but there weren't any other choices.

"Nique?"

I looked over and nearly choked."What are you doing here Ro?"

He smiled. "This is my cousin Mikey's party. What are you doing here?"

"Oh I came with Zoey." I said bringing my lips to his ear. The music was loud as hell.

"Cool."

"Stop being so awkward." I laughed wrapping one of my arms around his neck.

"Whatever." Ro chuckled glancing at my other hand. "When you started drinking ma?"

"Since I was fifteen but I don't do it often."

"Better not."

He leaned down and pecked my lips lightly. I frowned, pulling him back down. I kissed him deeply causing our bodies to grow closer. Ro was more conservative and passive but I liked things more dominant. When we kissed I felt this spark between us and my stomach would always catch butterflies. His tongue slithered through my lips, and I moaned softly. No one noticed us because of all the music and shit. I sat my beer on the table wrapping my other arm around him. Romero slid his hands up my back from under my shirt causing me to whimper. We sucked and bit on eachothers mouths desperately for awhile. Honestly I almost forgot where we were.

"Oh man..." I panted once we ended that intense makeout.

He smirked. "You taste like beer."

"Shut up, you love it."

"Who told you that?"

"Nobody had to nigga." I said confidently looking off to the side.

There was an intense argument going on that caused the entire party to hault. I squinted my eyes trying to see who it was. Ro quickly grabbed me trying to flee out the building: but it was too late. Gunshots sounded off and all hell broke loose.