~Goodnight Tyler~

{Tyler POV}

Today looks better than other days. The sun is bright and the wind feels calm. A perfect day as some people may put it. But, doesn't feel like it is to me. It is still dark in the areas I am at, while his is bright. I crave that brightness he carrys with him. His smile brightens up the entire room. His eyes, though brown, were full of color. And his hair, is bright like the future he has ahead of him. He makes everyone smile. He makes all the right choices.
Unlike me.
Everyday I see him and that smile. When I do, a small amount of light pierces though my darkened clouds. It's even better when we make eye contact, I feel like a rainbow was above me. The storm ended and the sun had shown.
But it always disappears.
Then it is dark.

.

On this day, I sit by the pond in our hometown. It's small, but the world under doesn't seem so. I watch small animals and fish live, free of my dark cloud that I am stuck to live with. I dream how it would be.
To be happy.
To be free from all the pain I experience.
To be happy...
Like him...

My mind always drifts to him. If he knew how much I loved him, I bet he would never want to see me. He would call me a freak, faggot like everyone else does.
But, on the other hand, I want him to know.
Maybe he won't judge me. Maybe he would pull me into his chest, hold on tight and never let go. I could twirl his colored hair and kiss his candy lips softy.
I can dream can't I?

"Tyler?"

"Tyler, I know it is you."

I turn to see the colored hair boy with candy lips. His red shirt with a small hole in it exposing a part of his chest. Even with his snapback, I can still see the hair I would love to mess with...
If we where together...

"Oh...um...h-h-hi J-Josh."

"Can I sit?"

By me?

"Y-Yeah."

He sits next to me. Next to me.
Next.
To.
Me.

Why me?

"I see you everyday and I always wonder what you think about, all alone."

Do I tell him the truth?

"I would tell you, but you would think I'm strange, like everyone else..."

I look down at my legs, clamping my hands together. God, I'm so dramatic.

"But I am not like everyone else."

I look to see his caring eyes looking into mine.

"Tell me, please?"

I pause.
Breath in.
Breath out.
And close my eyes.

"Y-you. I think-k about-t you-u."

I open my eyes slowly to see a soft smile staring back at me. Not shocked, not disgusted, not anger.

"I'm glad we think the same."

"Why d-do you mean?"

"I think about you too."

I feel his hand on top of mine. A warmth in my chest and a smile forms on my face.

"R-really?"

"Really."

He puts his hand on my cheek, pulling me close. I flutter my eyes close. Preparing for the thing I have been dreaming about for years.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"TYLER GET UP. YOU HAVE FIVE MINTUES! AND TURN OFF THAT DAMM ALARM!"

I groan and roll over, shutting off the alarm.
I sit up in my bed, my room now silenced and I realise.

...it was just another stupid dream...

~

591 words.

~