~Carnival~

(The song posted is just one that I listened to a lot while writting this. It's like in my top 10 for Joshler songs.)

~

{Josh POV}

"I know what will get your mind off her." My friend Brendon says. 

"What?" I say, sniffling. 

"We should do something that scares you but also excites you. A place where the sugar flows through the veins of small children and the hopes and dreams crushed by a simple game."

"Get to the point."

"We should go to the carnival! You know, the one that is in town right now!"

"No way, Brendon. Not happening."

"Why not? It would get your mind of her and make you smile."

I shake my head.

"Come on, man. You need to get back out there. It has been three weeks and you have done nothing . I know she was a lot to you but its time to get out of the pjs and get out into world again."

I sigh, I know he is right but I hate to admit it.

"Fine. We will go for an hour."

"That's a start! I'll pick you up at seven! Be ready lover boy!" He says and he skips out of my apartment, closing the door with a slam of excitement. 

What did I get myself into?

.

A couple minutes before seven.

.

I throw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a large green shirt along with my black snap back. It was the closest thing to 'my life is together' I could get to after being in bed for the last couple of weeks, crying. Whatever, it's good enough. 

As Brendon comes up to my apartment, he honks his horn, calling me over to him. I get to his car, still  wondering why did I ever decide to leave my bed.

"Hey man! You made it!" 

"Yeah, I did." I say, blankly.

"Hey, " he says as he pulls out of the drive way, "We are going to have a fun time. Ryan and Pete are coming and I heard that Pete is bring a friend with him."

Even though I can't see his face in the darkness of night, I can feel his smirk.

"Apparently, he is a really cool kid and loves music as much as you." He states as he turns onto the next street towards the carnival.

"Okay, and what is the name of this kid you are wanting me to be with?" I ask.

He chuckles. "His name is Tyler."

"Alright, I'll talk to Tyler but I still want to leave after an hour."

"Whatever you say." He says, still chuckling. 

.

At the carnival.

.

"There they are!" Brendon states as he point to the group of boys by the flashing lights of the carnival. 

I exchange awkward hugs and forced laughter with my usual group and then I focus on Tyler. Wow, Brendon wasn't kidding. Wearing a black hoodie and black skinny jeans, he looks like he keeps to himself but still keeps conversation. His hair is the best quietly of him to me. It looks so...soft.