Tayln

I couldn't believe today was the day.

I went all out. My friends and parents were just as excited as I was. They had surprised me with a gift card to my favorite store.

I was wearing my new outfit that I had picked out just a few hours earlier. I looked nice.

It was a grey blazer with a plain white under shirt and red skinny jeans. My shoes were also new. They were white wedges that made it a little uncomfortable to walk, but I could manage.

I brushed my hand softly through my curled hair just gently enough not to ruin the effort the hair stylist had put into it. When I said I went all out, I wasn't lying.

For my 'soulmate moment' I had decided to go to my favorite coffee shop on the corner.

I pushed the door open and waved hello to the barista.

"Ellen!" I ran right up to her in her work uniform.

"So today's the day, huh?" Ellen asked.

"Yep! In exactly 3 minutes and 4 seconds I will meet the love of my life."

"I'm so excited! I'll make you your usual. How about you sit down and wait." Ellen suggested.

"I will in a second. I'm going to the bathroom to do some last minute touch ups!"

"Oh, Tayln! You don't have to do that! You look stunning!"

"Oh thank you Ellen, but I'm just going to make sure." I grin at her and push open the door to the ladies room.

I grab my lipstick out of my bag and apply one last coat. My hand ruffles through my hair and sends my curls cascading down my shoulders.

I look myself over one last time. Taking a deep breath, I exit the bathroom.

I check my wrist.

"30 seconds!" I yell at Ellen, who has my drink waiting for me.

I grab my drink and take my seat at a table. There is no one here but me.

I watch my clock as the last few seconds count down.

The door opens and I anxiously look toward the sound.

There stands a man looking straight back at me.

He opens his mouth to speak, "Really? This is what I get?"