Eve

The music was deafening, but I couldn't enjoy any of it. I kept peering at my clock.

19m 32s

This soulmate better be worth it. I couldn't even enjoy my favorite artist at his concert because I couldn't keep thinking about who it could be.

I mean, if they're a fan of my favorite artist, how bad can they be?

I was pretty close to stage, I could hear him start the last song of the night. God this went by quickly. I tried to cut loose and enjoy it.

Somehow I got pushed up to the barrier and was standing in the front row. I was singing along and he had drifted over to where I was standing. I stared at him and for a second, we locked eyes. Call me crazy, but I think he smiled at me too.

Honestly, how could this day get any better? Meeting my soulmate and getting noticed by my favorite Popstar?

"That's all for tonight! Thank you everybody so much for coming out!" I heard him yell from up onstage.

It took ages for everyone to file out, which sucked because I really needed to use the bathroom. I was one of the last people in the venue. I walked around and tried to find someone who could help me.

I finally found a sign that said bathroom and went into a stall before I peed my pants. I finished and went to wash my hands.

0m 36s

Shit! I had forgotten all about that.

I went to race out the door but someone's voice had stopped me.

"Is everyone out?"

"It's clear."

It was two men's voices.

I decided just to keep going. No one was going to stop me from seeing my soulmate.

I pushed out the door and went walking into the lobby.

"Hey!" I heard one of the men's voices shout.

"She's not supposed to be in here!" The other one shouted.

I started running in the opposite direction. I stopped in front of the doors and tried to push them open but they were locked.

"Stop right there!"

I kept trying to open the doors but it was no use.

The two large men surrounded me and I felt like I was going to cry.

"Wait!" A third and softer voice rang out behind them.

A significantly smaller guy pushed past them. He was staring at his wrist.

I looked down at mine and realized it had stopped at 0m 0s.

You know earlier when I said today couldn't get any better because I had met my soulmate and got noticed by my favorite popstar? Well it got a whole lot better when I realized they were the same person.