Chapter Six ~ Ivan

Sitting next to a tree in the clearing, I watch the sun through the trees slowly set. Ive been waiting an hour now, i can imagine my sisters are getting worried.

I told them i would be hunting, so perhaps they wont worry. But I know i shouldnt stay much longer. And there is still the issue of eating tonight.

I hesr a twig snap to my right and i whip my head to the side to catch sight of a small bunny scurrying under a bush.

I should habe know he wouldnt show up. He hasnt for a few days now... But i dont want to miss the one day he DOES show up.

I decide to head home, and luckily i find a few black raspberry bushes on my way so we can have something to eat.

I check one of my traps and luckily there is a rabbit stuck as well. I reset it and go home with the berries and rabit.

My sisters gives me a look to say thags not much for over and hour but i dont say anything, i just hand the food to her and go to lay on my mattress.

Perhaps tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He doesnt show up for the next few days and every day that goes by i loose hope that ill see him again.

I should have know someone as well off as he wouldnt want to spend time with a poor sao such as myself.

I sigh and stand up to go home.

"Hey"

The voice startles me amd i look to see Alfred across the clearing.

"Ah hallo. I didnt think you would show up..." why did i say that?

He ribs his head. "Yeah sorry dude. Its been hectic at my house lately."

I notice a plastic bag in his hand and he sees my gaze.

"Oh hey i remembered the snack this time!" He smiles as though its a funny joke.

My stomach growls. When was the last time I ate? Ive been so busy waiting in this clearing i havent had much luck gathering a lot of food so i just let my sisters eat it all most of the time.

"Oh yeah thank you."

Alfred moves across the clearing and sits in front of me, setting the bag on the ground.

"You going to sit?" he askes when i dont move.

Why was i frozen in place, staring down at him? I must be going crazy for hungey.

I sit and open the bag to see a few hamburgers and some fries. I grab a burger amd take a big bite.

Alfred grabs some fries and we sit silent for a few minutes.

"So.... How is your house hectic?" i couldnt think of anhthing else to say.

"Oh... Well... I dont know if you can tell by what I wear but my family is pretty well of" he pauses. I had noticed. "My dads fight pretty often so theres always a lot of tension. Not to mention my brother isnt too fond of me..."

Im shocked for a moment he shared that. "Oh im sorry i didnt mean-"

He cuts me off, "its cool dude. What about you? Hows your house?"

"Oh ah... Well i live with my two sisters. Our parents disappeared and its just us."

Alfred was silent.

We both were for a few more minutes.

"Sorry dude."

"Da its okay."

Again we were silent and i finished my hambugers.

Some how we started talking again but it wasnt anything important. Just small talk to get away from the seriousness.

I really enjoyed his company. He was very funny, and i felt very relaxed in his presence.

I didnt realize how much time had past but i suddenly panicked about neededing to go home.

I stood up fast, "i need to get back and check on my sisters.... Crap i forgot...."

"What did you forget?" Alfred looked at me worried.

"Ah i...." I didnt want tk admit this, but i felt i needed to. "I forgot about gathering dinner... I dont want them to go hungry...."

"Oh..." alfred looked down amd thought.

"Is there any way i can help dude?" he seemed sincere.

But i wasnt helpless. "No. I need to go. Goodbye."

I walked off quickly, so upset with myself i didnt look back.

~AN~
Dont mind all the grammar and spelling mistakes lol