Chapter 3: A world painted red

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I wore a black cloak, so nobody will remember me, just like Gene. Aaron just walked in his normal clothes, swords sheathed. We three walked into the guard station in O'kasis.

Gene walked up to a guard, asking, "Sir, we need to see the head guard. It is regarding this girl.". The guard motions us to come with him, leading us upstairs to the office of the head guard.

We walk into office, the head guard sitting at his desk. The guard exited, leaving me, Aaron, Gene and the head Guard. "I think I heard the bells ring." Gene said, sweetly.

Suddenly, Aaron unsheathed his swords and slashed the throat of the head guard. The guard couldn't even say a word, his death was so quick. "Let's see how much blood we can spill until you are full, Aaron!" Gene giggled, madly.

Aaron broke the door, along with stabbing the two guards standing outside. Then the blood on his swords turned purple and melded into them. Then Aaron started to rampage, killing every guard in the guard station.

As he finished up with the last guard, the blood on the sword turned purple and melded into the swords. Gene dropped his hood and grabbed his bandanna, revealing bright crimson eyes. They were beautiful.

"I had enough... So who's the main target that I needed to destroy a whole guard station?" Aaron asked, his eyes started to glow. Gene pointed out the gate, there was a guy with brown hair and an emerald crown.

Aaron ran to the guy, but his guards stood in the way. Aaron quickly slashed them and the brunette with the crown got shocked. Aaron glanced at the guy and chanted, "Üłtįmã". Then the guy dropped dead on the road and Aaron easyly ran away.

Gene grabbed me and tugged away from the scene. We ran away, going back into the dungeon. Gene threw me into my room, locking it. I took off the cloak and layed on my dusty bed.

Two demonic broadswords stabbed through my door. Aaron. After seeing what he can do, I'm know why he is the strongest of Death Cards. Though I'm very scared of him. He came through the door.

"Gene said to look after you." Aarom said, sheathing his swords and leaning on the wall. "So-o? Wanna talk? What did you do earlier today, with the red eyes?" I asked. "I just need to look after you so you won't run away." He answered.

"Answer me and maybe I won't try." I say, smiling. "You forgot what I did to the guards?" He said, coldly, like always. It felt like he didn't even have emotions. Like he was just an empty shell. His eyes seemed not to glistening in the sunlight, while everyone else's did.

"Fine... Good you have Gene to protect you... My red eyes are death magic." Aaron replied, like not having a care in the world, while I was shocked. "DEATH MAGIC?!?" I yelled, pretty sure braking Aaron's eardrums.

"I'm one the only one born with the ability to use death magic. If a normal human would even master it without dying then if the mage would use it on a person, he would need to die. I just need blood of people." He explained.

"So, why don't you use the blood of the same person?" I asked. "I need to use different people in one time, the next time I can use those people's blood again." Aaron answered.

"Why don't you then kill enough people and use thier blood all the time?" I questioned him. "The bodies of people easily rot, the blood becomes stiff and greasy. Plus it's not yum anymore if the blood becomes like that." He responded, emotionlessly.

"Why do you kill instead of just talking blood?" I just kept asking, while he was answering.

"Three things: First, my magic is Ultima magic. Ultima magic takes souls. I take souls with the blood and my demonic broadswords turn it into power, with my help. Second, it's easier to kill a rabbit then to catch it alive. Third, where would be the fun of it?" Aaron replied, as Gene barges in.

"Aaron! Be ready to introduce this maiden of the Heavens to Captain! He will come soon!" Gene said, again disappeared behind the door. Aaron opened the door and as he was about to walk out, I said, "My name is Aphmau, by the way!".

"Okay, Aphmau." He said. He was the forst one to say my ne right from the first try! Yay. But why does he obey Gene so much? I don't really know the situation here but it seemed to be more lie a mafia than anything.

I was scared every second, night, day, month...

I was scared
For my life

_____________________________________

Get your guns, spears, bleach and holy water out. For the next chapter you will hate my guts...