Chapter 22: We'll do what we need to do

Aaron's P.O.V.

A war...? Just because of a pathetic match between us, she declared war on Phoenix Drop? What a stupid woman...

"She is already coming with around 10,000 troops, Phoenix army isn't ready to defend..." Lucinda worried.

I... I did this... Now Aphmau is in danger, along with Zane and Katelyn... I don't want to lose another person close to me..... I don't want to kill, but... For Aphmau's, Zane's and Katelyn's safety.. I'll go to the edge of the earth... Even if I have to let that demon out.

"Wh-What are we go-gonna do?..." Aphmau stuttered. "We will need to fight.. Until our death..." Lucinda answered.

You... don't need to fight... It's fine... I will fight for everyone... but I can't talk... That demon took all my power... But... I want to help...

I bearly sat up as Aphmau ran up to me. "Aaron! Are you okay?!" She worried. "Yes.." I answered, like always... She always calmed my inter demon...

"I'll better go..." I said and stood up. "Aaron wait!" Aphmau worried and grabbed my arm. "?" I glanced at her coldly, unable to express my emotions. "It's okay... You don't need to fight.." She said with a sad smile.

I was silent. I need to go to Zane and Katelyn to say that to them. As Aphmau let go I wandered out of the forest to Zane's masion. "Aaron?! What are you doing here?" Zane exclaimed.

"Can you sent a signal to Katelyn?" I said quietly. "Wha-What is it that YOU of all people would want the three back together.." Zane stuttered and shivered.

"War... I made..." I murmured. "O-Okay.. I'll do it.." Zane whispered. Soon Katelyn came. "We'll need to fight, right?" Katelyn said sadly. I nodded. "So... get our weapons out?" Zane asked. I nodded in response.

Get ready guys... I'm sorry for putting you guys into danger...

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

3-rd Person View

Standing on the battlefield the three death cards, Aaron, Zane and Katelyn, stared at the outnumbering them army.

"Will this be the end of us?" Katelyn asked the other two quietly. "We've been through a lot worse, Katelyn. Don't you remember when we fought the Tu'la army?" Zane chuckled.

"We are all ready to die any minute.. So dying like this won't be bad..." Aaron mumbled. "Heh.. Dying in a war, huh? A sacrifice for the better? I didn't think that I would die in such a noble way.." Katelyn giggled and smiled sadly.

The three heard clacking of horse hooves against the hard ground and heavy footsteps of thousands of soldiers. The aura of the place was filled with bloodlust.

The three killer all had bad thoughts even with their experience with killing. As the three warmed up to the normal society, now at the moment they needed the ice in thier blood, they couldn't turn back into the sinful killer they've been long ago.

"But we all still die..." thought to himself Aaron. "Those months ago I could give my life any time.. but now I want to survive— no live!" Katelyn reasoned with herself. "Hey, Vlyad, mom even Garroth.. If I die here don't bury me, I don't deserve such a thing...." Zane contemplated.

Those were their last thoughts until the bloodshed began...

The troops of the O'kasis army Zane casted a spell of hallucinations. Even though on a big radius it wasn't that effective, Zane was the master of his ways. Katelyn started attacking and burned her enemies to a gold crunch.

Katelyn went around with her bear claws stabbing every soldier in her sight and no one could touch her. Zane gashed and slit throats of soldiers, just like Katelyn.

Aaron was above all, using his agility and strength in his favor, collecting souls of humans, werewolves amd other creatures alike, as though they are cherries growing on a short tree. He spilled blood left and right, smashed human hearts as though they're ants under their feet.

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

Horrible scenes of red flashes turned the battlefield into a red-painted canvas. Aaron, Zane and Katelyn were covered in blood. From the 10,000 army was left only General Diana and a couple elite guards. They were only left alive because the three killers were too exhausted.

"I'm going to kill the last of them, you can rest..." Aaron whispered, standing up and unsheathing his sword. The echoes of screaming men were still heard on the battlefield.

Aaron slowly creeped up to the tiny group of elite guards and General. The guards ran away as Diana stayed in place on her horse. "See you in hell..." Aaron murmured under his breath putting one of his swords to her neck. "C'mon kill me, I have nothing to regret!" Diana yelled at him.

"No, no, no... I want you to suffer. Not like your poor soldiers.." Aaron said, stabbing his swords through her stomach and pulling them back out. "Suffer.." Aaron whispered.

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I still heard the screaming soldiers from today's battle. I couldn't forget their agony. Today Aaron returned with blood all over him, the image horrified me. The first thing he did after returning home was go to sleep.

I was extremely tired, but I couldn't sleep because of the echoes of battle still ringing in my head... Whaz should I do?

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

Now my dear friends and readers you may choose Aphmau's fate.
Will she:

Go to sleep?

Or

Stay awake for a while?

Remember I don't give choices for nothing... Your choice matters, comments it on this Chapter...