Chapter 12: Exposed

Today I was going to the doctor to check on the baby. I have gotten big since the last time.

Its been one month since then and I have had so much fun with Ricardo. He is like the best guy I have every been with. All in this one month I have notice and seen all of the care and love he has towards me.

I can honestly say that I love him but I know that im just attaching to him too quick. I don't even know what love is.

We both sat in the waiting room.

"So you been eating right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yea. Ever since you found my stash I been clean." I said and he laughed.

"You so slow." he said and I laughed. He wrapped his arm around me and sat his hand on my stomach. "I want a boy." he said and I smiled nodded.

"A boy would be good but I want a girl." I said and he sighed.

"We should have twins." he said and I looked at him.

"Who pushing out two kids back to back?" I said and he laughed.

"Im kidding baby." he laughed and I nodded. Then a nurse came from the back.

"Danielle Washington?" she said and I stood up with Ricardo. We walked behind her.

We walked to the room. We walked in and I sat down on the bed and Ricardo sat down next to me.

"Ok. Im going to give you a little check up ok." she said and I nodded.

She took my temperature. She drew blood. Then I had to do a reflex test. Then she said wait for the doctor.

I laid down on the bed. Ricardo grabbed my hand and rubbed it.

"So I was wondering. Where do you want to go for your birthday?" he asked.

"I thought it would be fun if it was a surprise." I said and he smiled.

"Ok." he said and I smiled at him.

Then the doctor came in. She looked at us and smiled. "Shall we get to it." she said and I nodded.

She turned off the lights and turned on the machine. Then she lifted my shirt and rubbed some cold gel on my stomach.

She then put the little thing on it and it scanned my stomach.

"Ok look up there." she said and we looked at the monitor. I squeezed Ricardo's hand and smiled.

"Look. There's the baby." I said and he smiled.

"Do you know if it's a girl or boy yet?" he asked the doctor.

"Not yet. Maybe two more visits." she said and he nodded.

"Can we have pictures?" she giggled and nodded.

"Ok one moment." she said and walked out. I looked at Ricardo.

"This is so cute." I said and he nodded.

After we got the pictures and talked to the doctors we went to the mall. He wanted to buy me more pillows cause I said i had a little back problems.

As I was walking I seen Jane. She was Pissed like hell. She had like a whole squad behind her.

She came up to to me. "I can't believe you!!" she said. I looked at her.

"What?" I asked. She sucked her teeth at me.

"Melvin told me that he got you pregnant!!" she said and I covered my mouth.