Chapter 4- Eagles Eyes

Raising his golden staff embroidered with the same gems he saw on Ivy's bracelet, Jameith made his way back to the chamber in the Realm of Reflections where he had left her. He was thinking of his dream he had just had about her sleeping peacefully. In his dream he was standing there watching her sleep. He waited there watching her until she awoke. He tried to speak to her when she woke up but she could not hear him. For some strange reason he didn't understand she couldn't hear him. She began to walk around the room pacing even steps in circles around him. She turned to him with a wicked smile on her face and walked straight through the reflective walls. The scene bewildered him. No Faerie could walk through these walls and leave without his say. Is it possible he let her go?

He expected that he would see her still waiting there, sleeping peacefully like he had seen in his dreams. The dreamers cannot interfere with his dreams he presumed, but the fear of being wrong caused him to rush the narrow parchment halls of his home to his guards. Each step brought his closer to his guards and he felt like he was finally getting somewhere.

His guards awaited him at the drop to the chamber where Ivy hopefully still resided, he only hoped.  "Take me to her now!" He shouted across to them as he rushed over. His fear of being wrong grew more intense as his feet carried him as fast as possible to his guards circle. His fears caused him to feel like he was getting there much to slow. He eventually got there and slipped in the circle. He held his hand firm on his staff, focusing his stress into it. He closed his eyes and caught his breath. The end of the staff glowed bright under his pressure. And the guards disappeared with the light. When he opened his eyes the reflection chamber caused the light to hit his eyes at such intensity he was temporary blinded. This enraged him and he began to curse at himself.

*****

"Christ! Ivy are you here?  Ivy!" I screamed her name, blinded by the light that I had carelessly made. I looked around in fury, as my vision became clear I saw she was not here. How? It is not possible for her to escape, my mind simply could not comprehend it and then I realised. The dreamers, I thought to myself, surely they are to blame. I could not let my dream become true.

I grabbed my staff and smashed it to the ground implanting it in the reflection. I began to bring up the images of all that had ever happened in the Chamber and stopped it at her face. There she was and I watched her as she slept peacefully at first. She then began to kick and scream tearing at her arm. The dreamers had attacked her and she was gone.

 I began to feel a moist substance falling down the contours of my face and wiped it. It was a crystal tear of mine I had shed, for her. Maybe there is more to her than I first realised. I looked back to the scene and watched in amazement. She woke up.  They didn't kill her soul and take her body instead they must have meant to frighten her.  I felt the relief for those few seconds until she began to inspect her arm. On that arm I saw her bracelet. Of course! How could I be so naive?

She turned towards me with a wicked smile on her face. Her lips moved and I realised, she was speaking something foreign and then she disappeared in front of me.

"NO!" I screamed at her reflective past, "You cannot have left here!" I looked into the space she had disappeared to. In her path was a flash of the human world but it looked nothing the same as it did in present time. I could not begin to think of where she was and so I decided to call upon my eyes.

The eagle eyes were my fey that could see the past future and present of the human and faerie worlds. They always warned me of danger and in a time like this I felt I must once again put my trust in them. They would be able to find her.  Staff in hand, I walked through the reflective walls of the chamber back to my home. My familiar home calmed me as did my fey. They waited intently for my decision on the matter of Ivy's escape. I paced the grey stone room. My pace following the red velvet carpet right up the line to the door. I opened the crystal door and stormed through to the room to find my advisor dozing off in the black arched chair next to mine.