twelve ; it's called true love

xii. it's called true love

━ ❝ she tried to deny it ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

fifty votes and thirty comments for next chapter!

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

PAN COULD TELL winning Henry over was going to be difficult. Even showing the boy how some of the lost boys were happy, playing games and enjoying the freedom they had. Henry didn't look too impressed. In fact, he looked awfully bored, not seeing anything special. Or perhaps he didn't believe a word the immortal boy was saying. That was probably the case. Yet, Pan did not give up though he was a tad angry. Trying to get the heart of the truest believer was going to be a challenge considering how his family was on the island, trying to get him back. But he would get his heart. He had to.

The short trek back to the main area of the camp was filled with silence. Henry hadn't said a word about anything, giving Pan short replies to questions and comments. Now that was infuriating. None of the other lost boys did that because they knew better. But this was Henry and he was forced to be kind and give fake comfort he despised. It was funny how much he had shifted as a person through the centuries without his wife. Love did that to a person he supposed.

When they entered the bonfire, the two of them saw boys sitting on the dirt ground, surrounding Arabella who had Jordan's head in her lap as her lips parted. Musical whispers were flowing from her mouth as she sang a song that was awfully familiar to Pan. "Come to me in the night hours. I will wait for you." He nearly fell beside the lost boys right on the spot. It was the song he heard ringing in his ears for years, a reminder of what he had lost. "And I can't sleep 'cause thoughts devour, thoughts of you consume. Ooh-ooh."

Henry's eyes were stuck on the brunette. He sat down next to the rest of the lost boys, listening, entranced by the voice. It was almost like a siren was singing. All of the boys were drawn to Arabella like moths to a flame. Her voice was so beautiful. But there was always one word Pan used for it. He would always say that her singing voice was angelic. She leaned down to press a kiss Jordan's head before rocking him, continuing the melody. "I can't help but love you. Even though I try not to. I can't help but want you. I know that I'd die without you."

Pan could recall the memories when he stayed up at night, not being able to return to Neverland due to him not relaxing. He would toss and turn, waking up Arabella in the process. At first, she didn't know what to do. But as the nights went on, she found a way to lull him to sleep. Singing. Ivy sang her the exact song and it was times like those she was convinced that her mother had humanity and did love. Pan would close his eyes and travel to the island, his girlfriend at the time, following after him. "I can't help but be wrong in the dark. 'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts. I can't help but want oceans to part. 'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts. Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh."