nineteen ; greatest hero of all time

xix. greatest hero of all time

━ ❝ you, my son ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

fifty votes and ten comments for next chapter!

warning! short chapter!  

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THINGS HAD SETTLED down so Arabella took the moment the slip away to the treehouse where Pan had disappeared to not long ago. She saw him sitting at the foot of the bed, his eyes cast at the ground, lost off in thought like he always seemed to be since he got his wife back. Because now, everything he did, he thought about her first. While it was extremely annoying, he reminded himself that without her he was nothing but a lost boy, searching for a reason to keep living. She walked over to him and sat beside him, sighing gently before speaking up. "You remember when I told you I was pregnant?"

He remembered the moment as if it were yesterday. The smile on his face, the laughter, the joy of starting a family with the love of his life. Pan nodded but didn't look at her. "I was so happy to be a father," he recalled, then he scoffed at himself. "And look at me now." It was true. When Arabella had left he gave up on all hope of his son. Looking at him was like looking at her. He couldn't take it, so heartbroken Malcolm abandoned his son.

"You remember when I said no one would ever break us apart?" Pan looked at her and nodded again. "You remember how I said if anyone did I'd find my way back to you?" He nodded once more. "Look at us now." Taking his hands in her's, she smiled. "I found my way back to you. And if you think I'm just going to get up and leave, you're wrong. I love you so much it kills me to be apart from you." She reached her head up and rubbed his cheek fondly. "No matter what happens with Henry, I will never leave your side."

Pan looked surprised by her short speech and then he kissed her. His one arms rested on her hip while the other cupped the back of her neck. Pulling back he breathed in quickly, "I love you so much."

Arabella smiled at the comment, remember him saying that when she announced she was pregnant. "I love you more." The cliche saying didn't matter because they had each other and she truly loved him more than words could express.

He smiled and laid her down on the bed, hovering over her. "Not possible." She simply chuckled at him, grabbing the back of his head and bringing his lips down to hers.

———

The morning arrived and the boys quickly ate breakfast, rushing to play some more games that their mother scolded them all because Slightly nearly choked on his food, telling them to slow down. Pan had to hide his smile. But after the event had passed the boys went back to playing and Arabella watched over them, her husband and Felix sitting nearby, sharpening weapons.