twenty-seven ; new neverland's secrets

xxvii. new neverland's secrets

━ ❝ you don't know the truth ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

forty votes and twenty comments for next chapter!

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

HE MISSED HIS old bed. It was actually comfy and the animal furs kept him warm. This thing he had tossed and turned in was a contraption of evil. His mind refused to rest. And it wasn't like he could get up and waltz to Arabella's room down the hall. What would Regina say about it? Surely she would get curious as to why he did so. That would be awkward to explain. So he suffered through the night, unaware that his wife dealt with the same fate. Perhaps it wasn't the bed at all; maybe it was the fact that they weren't together.

Regina was cooking breakfast when Pan rolled out of bed, scrunching a nose at his small body. He wanted out of it as soon as possible. The Evil Queen turned to look at him a smiled gently. "Good morning, honey. Could you wake up Arabella please?"

Henry tried to smile as convincingly as he could though he was sure it looked too forced. Oh well. "Sure." Walking to the stairs, he went back up and traveled to the guest bedroom. Knocking twice, he heard a rustle from inside. Then the door opened to reveal Arabella in a plain white tee and short black pajama shorts. She rubbed her eyes, looking down at him to see him openly staring at her bare legs. The mother slapped his arm with a glare. She would've been flattered if her husband wasn't in a child's body, checking her out.

"You're in Henry's body, love," she reminded.

Prying his eyes away, he looked back up at her and smirked. "That doesn't stop me."

Arabella rolled her eyes. "Clearly." She ran a hand through her hair. "Tell Regina I'll be downstairs in a few."

Nodding once, the boy looked her up and down once more before walking away. She shook her head with a slight laugh. He was sure something but she wouldn't have it any other way. If only she knew what was happening. If only she knew what his plan was. If only she knew just how much it would change everything.

———

Hook was devastated and so the first thought that came to mind was to busy himself. That thing happened to be Tink who had been heading to the restroom when he stopped her. She could smell the rum on him so she politely declined. While they had stood there, having a rather awkward conversation, a scream emitted from outside the diner. Instantly they both raced out to see David and Emma getting out of his truck. Another scream followed.

"The hell was that?" the blonde questioned.

"I have the same question," Hook responded, standing next to the fairy.