Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"I wonder what kind of club I should join..."

"There aren't any good ones... even the book club is bad!" Levy whined making Lucy groan along with her as the two bookworms sat in the lobby whining about what clubs they should join. "I'm just going to go volunteer at the school library... what do you think, Lu?" The blunette asked making her blonde best friend shrug and sigh.

"Whatever seems fine for you. I bet it'll be fun, I just have to hurry and find one before they all close their entry!"

Staring at her best friend for a while, Levy seemed to look like she got a great idea.

"Oh, I know what you could join, Lu!"

"What?! Really?!"

"You should find out what sport Natsu is doing and manage that team!"

"What?!" The blonde merely screeched making heads turn. "Are you crazy?!"

"Lu, it's something easy and you can see Natsu all day."

"I do see him everyday... if you forgot, we live under the same roof, Levy." Lucy stated as she sighed and crossed her over her chest. "And managing his sport team? Isn't that a bit... I don't know... weird? What if he asks why I did it? He'll probably think it's because I want to be around him or something."

"But isn't that what you want to do? After all you do have a crush on—"

"I do not!" She practically screamed as Levy hushed her friend. "I just... I'm fond of him, alright?"

Rolling her eyes at her friend's response, Levy decided to ignore her as she whipped out her novel. "Whatever you say Lu, but I think you should manage his team if you're looking for something to do."

"I will never do that..."

—X—

Walking right into the athletic department and poking her head in the room, the blonde tried to look for the lacrosse head coach. But as soon as she popped her head inside, she was greeted with multiple sweaty large men who looked either too old to be a coach at the school or too young to be at the school. And the attention she was receiving made a shiver run down her spine.

"H—hello?" Lucy squeaked making one of them approach her. "Erm... I was... uh, I was looking for the head lacrosse coach?"

"That'll be Gonzales," he spoke as some of the men behind him groaned out. "hey! Gonzales! You've got someone here for you!"

"T—thank you," she murmured as the one she was talking to left and another man approached her.

He had little scruff of hair on his almost bald head and he was a large man about the height five eight. He looked friendly enough for her to approach as he offered her a warm smile.

"What can I do for you?"

"Erm... you coach lacrosse... right?"

"Yes, I do."

"By any chance..." Lucy trailed off as she swallowed thickly. "do you have any room for a manager?"

"Of course we do! Are you interested?"

"Yes, I am."

"Great!" He cried out as he put a hand on her shoulder. "Welcome to the team! If you could just give me your email and I will send you the schedule and everything then we'll be fine."

"Of course," Lucy murmured as she grabbed a pen and a piece of paper from her bag. She scribbled her information on it before handing it back to the coach who grinned widely towards her.