Chapter 8 - Cold Feet Before the Wedding

Thanks for being so patient everyone! Here's chapter 8! Enjoy!

-----------------

Chapter 8 – Cold Feet Before the Wedding

The news of the upcoming marriage between the 3rd Prince and Xiao Ming grew like a blazing fire that spread throughout every corner of the kingdom as the wedding date grew ever closer with each passing day.

Mass attention was concentrated on this marriage. The reasons for it was fourfold.

First, it was a homosexual marriage. Such a marriage was rare beyond belief within the Red Star Kingdom. Those who participated in homosexual activities usually conduct their affairs in secret and did not make it known to the public, because sexual affairs between men were frowned upon by society.

Second, the marriage was between the newly favored and war hero 3rd Prince Tian Jin and the second son of Xiao Feng who is one of the most powerful prime ministers in the kingdom. There were only two prime ministers that acted as the right and left advisors of the Emperor. Xiao Feng was the left prime minister. Through this marriage, the 3rd Prince would gain the support of Prime Minister Xiao.

Third, the union of a powerhouse and a prince posed as a political move in the struggle for the throne. Many nobles, officials, and men of large business enterprises were quietly watching to see what would happen next, and then make appropriate decisions that would benefit them most.

Fourth, it was strange that the Emperor is forcing his latest favorite son to marry a man. This greatly shocked and puzzled many people in the Kingdom. The 3rd Prince was intelligent, talented and brave. He was a war hero who had ended a war that would have killed many more people. All families whose sons came back home from the recent war were grateful for the 3rd Prince and revered him. How could the Emperor force such a great man to marry another man and thus ruin his life? Many people pondered and debated this daily. They felt that the 3rd Prince was truly pitiful.

Quickly the 2-week arrangement passed, and the day of the wedding was finally here.

It was especially early in the morning. Outside was still dark.

Xiao Ming sat in distress at the table in his bedchamber. Two guards were on watch outside his doors to ensure that he did not make a run for it.

Xiao Ming’s thoughts ran in circles as he thought of his marriage. He didn’t know the 3rd Prince’s name or what he looked like. He barely knew anything about the 3rd Prince. All he knew was that the guy was talented and a war hero. In his mind, he conjured an image of the 3rd Prince. He imagined an overly muscular and lecherous middle-aged man that preyed on young boys. Oh, how the soldiers under his command must have suffered! And, now he was going to be at the mercy of that kind of guy! Xiao Ming shivered in disgust at the image. He felt a revolting sensation run up his spine and crawl onto his shoulders. Scared and repulsed, Xiao Ming shrugged and wiped at his shoulders and sleeves, trying to wipe away the revolting sensation.

He bit his lower lip and narrowed his brows as he contemplated running away. He turned toward the double door and listened for movements outside his bedchamber.

There was nothing.

Xiao Ming quietly went over to the door and sneaked a peek outside. The two guards were still standing straight with their backs to him. Xiao Ming frowned. How am I going to escape?

Suddenly, something shocking happened, which caused Xiao Ming’s mouth to open in shock. The guard on the left’s head unexpectedly fell forward and a loud snore erupted from his mouth.