nine - river

Oh no why is the gif so small I made it to be a normal size ahhhhh SORRYYY

~

The group walked around for a bit, trying to find the airport or any transportation that still worked. Hank helped Peter walk, and Erik and Moira helped Charles. Raven, who was in blue form, looked shaken, but she was mostly alright now. River walked in silence, close to the back of the group, by herself. How was I able to control the wind? she wondered. That's not my mutation. Scott ran up to her, breaking her out of thoughts.

"Hey," he said. She smiled.

"Hey, Summers. How're you?" she asked. He shrugged.

"Been better. This'll all probably hit me in the middle of the night later on, to be honest." He laughed. "So um...that stormy girl is coming to the mansion with us." River looked back at the white-haired girl talked with Jean, casually stealing glances at Raven. Kurt trailed next to them. They were going to use Kurt for teleporting back to the house, but one, he was still weak from earlier and two, he wasn't sure if he could go that far. River guessed the two girls were filling him in. Kurt had looked a little pale since the angel person had not gotten up from the plane explosion. She wondered if they had been friends and decided to ask him later on.

"Hope she doesn't bring any lightning into my room. Although it's a good prank for Jubi," River said thoughtfully. Scott laughed again. She grinned. She liked making him laugh. "I miss her."

"We're going to see her soon."

"Too bad our plane blew up."

"Too bad we can't use Kurt's power."

"Yep." There was an awkward pause.

"Let's ask him again because I don't want to walk all around Cairo." Scott followed her as she walked back to talk to Kurt.

"Riv! Hey!" Jean waved.

"Hey! Great job back there. You know, saving our lives." Jean shook her head.

"It's nothing. Anyways, meet Ororo Munroe. She's from Cairo actually." The other girl, Ororo, nodded curtly at River.

"Hi," she said.

"Welcome to the team," said River.

"We're a team now, huh?" Scott said, walking next to her.

"Sorta. Also, Kurt, not to be rude, but is there any way you can teleport us?" River asked. Kurt paused.

"I can take one or two people at a time, I think," he said. "I've gained enough energy." River whooped.

"What if we just start disappearing? Like to freak the adults out?" she whispered.

"Don't you think they've been through enough?" Jean asked.

"River, there will be no disappearing or pranking today," Charles said from the front.