;다섯

november 6; nighttime

we later left the park because who knows who else we might run into. jihoon asked me what happened while he was gone and i just told him that i wanted to go on the playground but jinyoung saw me so i went to him. i left out the part about seeing someone else because he would probably think i'm delusional or tired.

it was a quiet walk back home, but there was a comfortable silence. none knew what to say to each other.

we arrived at home and i collapsed onto the couch as i heard jihoon head into the kitchen, putting the drinks and snacks away as it was almost time to sleep.

" time to go sleep jiyoon. go upstairs. "

i bid him a goodnight and he did the same before i went upstairs, to my comfy bed.

that scene kept replaying over and over in my head. why did i see her? is she really alive? it's impossible.

she disappeared 5 years ago but still looks the same? yeah it has to be impossible. if only i could've turned her around and hugged her, like what we used to in elementary. if only i could turn back time... if only...

i tried to not let it affect me as i went to sleep but it came back for me in my dream.

jiyoon's dream//no one's POV

it was a dark, rainy night. rain clouds were starting to become evident. in her dream, stood a girl and boy. a boy who looked quite familiar. the two young figures stood in front of each other, not saying anything but just silence, as people rushed around them.

it started to rain unexpectedly but they didn't care. they were talking, but the conversation was muted.

the girl ran off after supposedly saying something, leaving the boy standing in the rain. she ran off towards the light that grew so bright ahead of her.

and just like that, she disappeared.

the present//back to Jiyoon's POV

i woke up, feeling my forehead and realized that i was sweating. i checked my alarm as it was 3 in the morning. i got up and walked out of my room, trying to process what just happened in my dream.

if i remembered correctly, it showed a boy and girl talking to each other but i couldn't hear a single thing. and then the girl ran off towards something and that's when i woke up. it was a rather strange dream as i never had this before. but what could it possibly mean? and just a few hours before that, i saw Sohee's silhouette on the playground. am i imagining things? what is going on?

i started to get a headache and felt pain in my body. i slid down against the wall and cried. i seriously didn't know why i dreamt of this or even saw Sohee. i kept telling myself that she was dead and that i had to accept it. but why did she appear on the playground...i felt like a mess, sitting on the floor against the wall, sobbing for what seemed like hours but was actually minutes. i felt like screaming but it was 3 in the morning and people were probably trying to get some sleep.

i stayed in that position until i saw someone bend down to me. he removed my hair from in front of my face and stared at me. i saw him and immediately started sobbing again. he grabbed my hand and guided me downstairs and made me sit on the couch as he grabbed a glass of water for both me and him.

jisung came back with the drinks, woke up Jihoon and told me to tell the both of them what happened and why i was crying. from the side of my eye, i could tell Jihoon was half asleep half awake but still wanted to hear what i had to say. so i started to explain to both of them.

" i dreamt about these two people meeting
up and i...i didn't hear what they were saying. the girl walked off into a light and then i woke up..just like that. "

i paused for a moment, preparing myself for what i had to say.

" and i .... earlier saw .... k-kim.. s-s... "

i couldn't bring myself to say her name and i started to get a slight headache.

" owh, my head...jisung "

he rushed towards me with water and i grabbed it, gulping it down as if it was my only hope.

" whoa, slow down jiyoon. "

i handed it back to him and started feeling better. i looked at the cable box and saw that it was almost 4 am. i would have to wake up in about 2 hours, which isn't much sleep. jisung was worried for my well being and asked if i was stable enough to go to school in a few hours and i did a small nod before heading back to my room.

i shut the door in hopes of getting some sleep for the day.

november 7; morning

beep beep. did i get sleep? in fact i did not. i kept pacing around the room for a good 1 hour before collapsing onto my bed and going onto my phone.

i checked sohee's instagram account and went to the most recent post. it was last posted 5 years ago, 2 days before her disappearance. it had no caption, but showed pictures of her with her family at Lotte World.

i left the app and got up from the position i once was in. i headed downstairs first and saw jihoon taking out food from a bag. it looked like he went out to get food for the 3 of us in the early morning. i wonder why though.

" oh jiyoon, you're up already. "

i have to admit, whenever he smiles at me, it makes me happy. i don't have feelings for him though, i'll keep saying that.

i walked up to jisung's room to tell him that there was already breakfast for today and he mumbled back at me but i didn't catch what he said.

i headed back to my room, doing my normal routine. i headed to the bathroom with my necessities and began to shower.

later, i went to go change into my uniform when i heard someone knock on my door. i opened it to see jihoon already in his own uniform and the bag that contained the breakfast he bought.

" let's go to school early please? "

i nodded at him and grabbed my backpack, telling Jisung i was heading off to school with Jihoon already but i doubt he heard me.

i locked up the house and we walked towards school in the early, cold morning.

this is the longest chapter so i had to end it somewhere ;-;