Chapter two

Jade's P.O.V.

Our first class of the day was P.E., so my two best friends Blake and Will and I headed towards the locker rooms. Once we got there, I left them to go into the girl's changing areas. Once inside, I noticed how there were a lot of girls changing, so I simply grabbed my bag from my locker and mot wanting to change in front of others, I walked towards the closest bathroom.

  Having changed into the school training outfit, which consisted of a pair of black shorts and a black shirt, I walked back to the locker rooms. I felt the signature itch on my lower back, originating from my shorts. Sighing, I walked out to the field where we'd be playing soccer and walked over to Blake and Will, who were standing close to the P.E. teacher.

Our teacher was a retired soccer player, and he never lets us forget it. Every chance he gets it's either soccer time or story time. I doubt we have done everything needed in the curriculum. He never made into the big league, only local teams but he was well known in our town.

His name was Christian Sanders, and was my mom's biggest idol when I was younger. So when I told her about how he was going to be my P.E. teacher, she actually fangirled about it. At first I thought it was embarrassing, but now I think it's kind of cute.

Because I'm pretty sure I'd react the same way if I was in her shoes.

Mr. Sanders was attractive for an older man, so I could see why my mom loved him. But all I could think of when I saw him was how he was a sexist pig. And a confusing one at that. He could say that everyone should participate, but if we were playing soccer or something like that and a girl would actually do a god job, he would only say how she should've passed it to a guy 'who might have had a better shot'. But when a guy did the same thing, he'd just say 'nice work' and that was that.

So I hated him.

I loved showing off on the field, (mostly to piss him off). Soccer was my sport, and I kicked ass every time I was playing. It was one of the few places where I could just let go of my tensions regarding school and people in general, and just play. It was also one of the few places where I was able to talk to Tobias without making a fool of myself, because I didn't think about what I was doing.

I could just make comments about the shot he just made or how he could maybe pass more. We actually joked around a bit when we were on the field. I loved it.

"You and you, you're our goalies today." Mr. Sanders pointed at Blake and Will who looked dumbfounded.

"But Mr. Sanders, Danny is the best goalie we have. Shouldn't he stand, like he always does?" Jessica said and put a hand on her hip.

"Danny might be amazing in the stand, but we need more than one good goalie. So everyone will get a chance to be a goalie."

More like every guy will get a chance while the girls stand in a corner being pretty.

Blake and Will didn't protest as they walked over to a bench where the goalie gloves were placed. I laughed at how Blake hands were too big for the gloves he was currently trying on, and had to struggle to get them off again.

"Is something funny, Ms. Hartley?" As Mr. Sanders said this, I could feel every face on me.

"Yes," I stated simply, struggling to keep the smile off my face. "Why else would I be laughing?"

  There were some who snickered at that, but were quickly silenced as Mr. Sanders turned around towards them. He looked back at me.

  Why did I say that?