Chapter four

Jade's P.O.V.

  I woke up in Blake's bed, with my head throbbing. Pulling the covers over my head, I groaned. I spent the next half an hour trying to go back to sleep, but eventually I gave up. Removing the covers, I looked around me. On the nightstand was a glass of water and some pain killers. Beside the glass, was a note.

  Bacon?
    - Blake

  Smiling, I took the pills and downed the entire glass of water. I grabbed my phone, noticing it was only 11 a.m, and proceeded to head downstairs.

  Blake was in the living room, watching an episode of Friends.

  "Good morning," I said, making him turn around.

  "Good morning," he said, and patted the spot next to him. "It's the episode where Ross is afraid of tasting breast milk."

  I sat down on the couch next to him. "Oh, I love that one."

"I'm gonna go get you some breakfast," Blake said and got to his feet. "You don't have to pause it, I'll be back in a minute."

He left me in the living room, and I took the time to check my phone. I saw that I had five missed call from my mom, two from my dad, and a million texts from them both.

Call me back!
- Mom

JADE
- Mom

I swear to god Jade
- Mom

Dad mostly texted me a bunch of emojis which basically said the same thing, plus the occasional chicken coming out of its shell (he loves that one).

I took a deep breath, and called mom back. "Hey, before you start screaming I just want to say sorry."

"Where the hell have you been? I tried calling you last night but you never picked up! You had me worried sick!"

I legit had to pull the phone away from my ear. "I was at a party and obviously couldn't hear my phone." I tried to remain calm while she was screaming.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you!"

That's a first.

"Did you make any friends? Did you have fun?"

"Mhm," I hummed in response.

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"What? No."

"It sure sounds like it."

"I'm sorry, but I have to go," I said as Blake reentered the living room with a plate in one hand and a glass of orange juice in the other. "I'm at Blake's and he just made me breakfast. Bye mom."

"Jade-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I ended the call. Knowing how much I'll regret that later, I put my head in my hands. Blake put my breakfast down on the table and sat down, putting his arms around me. I leaned into the embrace, and started to feel myself tearing up.

"Your mom again?"

Without moving out of his embrace, I nodded. We sat like that for a minute, until the smell of bacon reached my nostrils. I leaned back, and snatched the plate from the table. Blake had fried me an egg and some bacon. I returned my attention to the episode of Friends, but I could still feel Blake's eyes on me.