Chapter five

Jade's P.O.V.

  The next morning, I woke up to my phone ringing. Groaning, I patted the nightstand in search of it. I looked at the caller ID, but my eyes wouldn't focus so I just pressed the green button.

  "Hello?" I answered, my throat sore.

  "You're late." It took a while before I registered what Will was saying, but when I did, I was on my feet within seconds. "I'm downstairs. You've got ten minutes, then I'm leaving you behind."

  "Fuck," I groaned, hanging up on him. I put on the first clothes I could find - a pair of jeans and a white tank top. I ran into the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. Luckily, I had packed my bag last night so all I had to do was grab it and run downstairs. After hesitating for a second, I ran into the kitchen, grabbed two apples and then stuffed them into my bag. I ran to the front door, threw on a pair of black Converse and decided to tie them in the car.

  Grabbing my keys, I rushed out the door, locked it, and stumbled down the stairs. I made it to Will's Golf with a whole 30 seconds to spare.

  "Wow, that has to be some kind of record."

  With Will speeding to school, we weren't as late as I thought. P.E. was cancelled because the school had booked Luke Graham, a recovering drug addict, to come and give a talk about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. Will and I grabbed seats next to Blake in the back of the auditorium. He had texted Will the details about where he was sitting as we were pulling up to school. No one noticed that we were late.

  That's where we spent the next three hours of our lives. It was interesting at first, but eventually it just got boring. Mr. Graham wasn't a really good speaker, as he kept going off topic and forgetting what he was talking about. But I kept my mouth shut, and did my best to be respectful.

Will, however, did not do his best. He was full on sleeping - arms crossed over his chest, head leaning back, mouth wide open. Neither Blake or I wanted to wake him up, but towards the end, he started to snore. People were turning around, scoffing and sighing. This was when Blake decided he had had enough, and slapped him across the face.

Jolting out of his seat, Will earned a couple of glares from the people nearby. He sunk back into his seat, frowning.

"I'm going to kill you," he said.

"You were the one snoring so loudly, people in the front row were complaining," Blake smirked.

"He's the one who's boring," Will said, gesturing to the stage.

"Snoring, boring, that rhymed," I said with a straight face as Will glared at me.

  A couple of people sitting a few rows in front of us hushed us, so we stayed quiet until Luke Graham was done talking.

  "Man that guy could talk." Will stood up and threw on his jacket. "Ross and Rachel got together faster than that guy could get to the point."

  Blake and I both agreed to that. Mr. Graham kept getting off topic, starting at drugs and ended at his love for Miami. Will may have been the only one who fell asleep, but I sure as hell wanted to.

  I leaned against Will and grabbed Blake's arm. "I am so tired," I mumbled, closing my eyes as we walked towards the cafeteria for lunch, trusting them both to make sure I didn't walk into a wall. "I just want to lie down and sleep on the floor."

  "No, you don't," Blake stated simply.

  "Yeah, no I don't." I opened my eyes again, and realized we were already at the entrance to the cafeteria.