1

Carlos POV

I woke up and looked the right. Jay was still asleep. Good. I packed up my black leather book bag.

The lights were still off, but I could see the sun seeping in through the window. I wanted to open the curtains or turn on the lamp to make it easier to see, but I couldn't wake up Jay.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and walked to the door. Quietly, I turned the knob and snuck out, closing the door gently in its path.

I darted down the hall, turned down the stairs into the main room. People were rushing to class. I had just enough to time to get to Jane's dorm and back.

I ran the the rest of the way and skidded to a stop at the door and knocked quickly. No response. I creaked the door open and stepped inside. Lonnie had already left and Jane was sitting at her desk.

I walked up and dragged a chair across the room to the other side of the desk. The front facing Jane. She looked up at me with a sweet smile. I plopped down and threw my book bag down beside me.

"You ready?" I asked.

Jane stood up and practically bounced over to me. "Of course."

I handed her her light blue book bag which she had hand decorated.

"Lets go!" I urged jokingly. She giggled and we walked to the door.

I opened the door and held it for her. "After you, madam."

She gracefully stepped out of the door and I closed it behind me. "Lets go!" She said mocking me, but in a calmer tone.

We walked side by side down the hallway. I felt a finger against the palm of my hand. Jane's. I grabbed her hand in my mind and we walked like that all the way to class.