Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Maybe, then, she could begin to understand the mess she found herself in. She wasn’t particularly happy when she found out she was pregnant and was too scared to tell anyone. It was common to have babies before marriage, but was sternly frowned upon. What would her mother say?

Well if she didn’t survive this she wouldn’t have to worry about telling her. So run and run she would do until they were both safe. The sky was beginning to darken and soon it would be too dark to see right in front of her. Slowing down to a walk again, her thoughts were beginning to come together. She would have to take the risk and make a camp for the night.

Straining to listen to every sound around her, she could not hear anything. The forest that surrounded her was frighteningly quiet. If only she could find somewhere, she could rest for a while. She began to run again because she wanted to cover more ground before she had to stop.

I’m going to be really sore tomorrow.” She said aloud, between inhales of breath. Well that’s even if I make it to see tomorrow she thought. “No!”, she screamed in her head. I will not think like that, because I refuse to let my child have a weak mother.

Driven with determination and the love of her child, she kept going. She began to slow down again and wondered if her eyes were playing tricks on her. It looked like a building of some sort was coming into view. The closer she got the more the shape formed.