Chapter One : Countless Shots And Barbie Sunglasses

It was a busy Saturday night

It was a busy Saturday night. Roads packed with hurrying vehicles and the air filled with water vapour. Out there was a small club, Rockaby.

Parking lot was looking more like a car showroom, occupied by different branded cars. People puked here and there in the dustbins, clicked pictures and some of them were busy making out. Inside, it was even more noisy. Loud rock music blasting through the music systems, small colourful LED's placed here and there. What do you actually think of when you hear the word, club? Probably lights, drinks and dance. That's how it was. Youngsters, irrespective of their gender were dancing, as their sweaty bodies moved along the beat of the blazing music. Some couples made out in small corners while some passed out after having strong drinks to satisfy their weak souls.

Out their in that smoky and noisy atmosphere, was a girl err . . . hoiden, Nisha Varma. Looking as tomboyish as ever in her normal jeans and loose black tee, the girl sat near a counter probably having her tenth shot; she was too drunk to keep a count. It had always been like this; Nisha was the girl whom no boy had admired. All they saw her was just like another buddy of theirs not just because of her clothing but because of her boldness and behaviour. She was too straightforward for a girl. That's what she heard most of the times and so she became the "bro"zoned girl in every guy's life. Whenever she had liked a guy, she was let down by them, thus ending up in a bar, drinking.

Out of nowhere appeared Shaan Varma, her best friend like since forever. He occupied the empty seat beside her, snatched the shot she was having and consumed it. She gave him an irritated look and grabbed another shot that was placed in the tray infront of her. "Get a life and also a drink, you little swine." She snapped with her red eyes and blurry vision to which he smirked.

"Woah, girl look at that." Nisha followed Shaan's gaze and noticed the most unwanted person of her life, Rohan; her ex-crush. "Argh, not him again." She raised her hands in defeat and turned her head back. "Look who he's actually hanging out with." He exclaimed and smirked looking at them while Nisha turned in her seat with a bored look. "Riya, obviously, the queen bee of our university, precisely ex-university." Nisha exclaimed in a duh tone to which Shaan chuckled. "Why don't you actually show him that you've moved on? That you no more care about him?" Shaan said with a smirk to which Nisha smirked back. It was time to have fun after a long tiring week.

She got down and so if you've expected her to set her dress and hair, sway her hips and walk towards him, then no. She tied her chest length, already messy hair into a messy bun, folded her sleeves and walked towards him. "Yo man!" She shouted just when they both were about to kiss in response to which they jerked back, moving away from each other. "N-Nisha, hey!" Rohan said in a nervous tone and Nisha smirked more. Shaan got hold of another shot and watched the drama with utmost interest.

"So what are you doing, eh?" Nisha smirked and punched him in the stomach with a smile plastered on her lips. "Right Riya and all but I thought you were hooking up with Priya though, ain't it?" Nisha said placing her hand on his shoulder to which he gave her a terrified look.
"Priya? You mean, my sister, Priya?" Riya intervened and glared at Rohan. "Obviously, girl! How many more Priya's are there in our university?" Nisha said in a duh tone.