Bonus Chapter #3 : Abhinay-Amrapali

It was around ten at night and it was pouring cats and dogs

It was around ten at night and it was pouring cats and dogs. It's been six years since they got married and to say that life with him was blissful, would be an understatement. Yes, they had their fair share of fights, but then again, in which relationship there aren't any fights?

Just after two months since their marriage, Amrapali was pregnant and she gave birth to two twin boys namely Arjun and Nakul who were now five years old; Arjun is elder to Nakul by a few seconds. When Amrapali was in her labour, it was hard on her as it was a complicated one.

She hoped that Abhinay would be there for her but the most saddening part was that he had to go on an operation, leaving her alone with Karthikeya and Adhya. When he returned back to the hospital in the next morning, he felt like he was born again when he saw those little bundles of joy - his little bundles of joy.

Amrapali still remembered his reaction. Tears flew down from his eyes as she held Arjun in her arms while he held Nakul. Whenever she thought about it, an involuntary smile made way to her lips, doubling her happiness all the more.

The sound of the door bell bought Amrapali out of her thoughts as she took deep breaths before opening it. Abhinay passed a tired smile at her, entering inside as she closed the door. He quickly walked to the washroom to freshen up while she too followed him, well-knowing that he had already had his food outside.

She waited for him patiently as she sat on the foot of the bed. Her fingers were braided as she continued taking deep breaths, thinking about how the confrontation would go. Except for the fact that Abhinay's parents were killed by his grandfather, Trivikram, she hadn't known even a thing about his past, which successfully made her feel insecure.

In their six years of marriage, Abhinay always avoided talking about his parents, childhood or teenage which would at times irk Amrapali but then again, since she believed that past was past, she didn't really push him to open up to her. But today, things have really gone overboard.

Just then, the washroom door had opened and Abhinay walked out with just his nightpants hanging low on his waist. Since his job demanded him to be fit and active all the time, Abhinay had the most well built body and Amrapali considered herself to be lucky whenever she would gaze at him, naked.

"Stop drooling, Amrapali." Abhinay chuckled and she quickly shook her head to clear the dirty thoughts swirling in her brain. As Abhinay hung the wet towel on a nearby chair and walked towards the bed, his eyes widened as he saw what was placed on his pillow; Priya's picture.

"What is this, Amrapali?" He questioned, picking up the photograph as he sat beside her on the bed. "Don't you think I should be the one asking you that?" Amrapali questioned, her face neutral. "I meant where did you find it?" He re-framed his question to which she pointed towards his diary, lying on his desk in the corner.

"I was cleaning the room today and I uh, found that diary of yours. As I opened the first page, I saw this photograph." She explained to which he narrowed his eyes at her. "Did you read anything from the diary?" He questioned as she looked at him, hurtfully.