Chapter Thirty : Love, Laughter And Happily Ever After

• The grand chapter summing up the whole story, so brace yourself for the long ass chapter I've ever written in my whole 14 years of existence

• The grand chapter summing up the whole story, so brace yourself for the long ass chapter I've ever written in my whole 14 years of existence. Thank you for the support and love so far.

One epilogue to go. •

Kavya walked from one pillar to another, nervously as her fingers knit themselves. She would at time put her fingers between her teeth, biting her nails off anxiously while the other time she'd be peeping towards the entrance. It's been a month since Trivikram's final hearing where he got the death sentence and she was currently outside the Highland Prosecutor's Office, Anirudh's law firm, waiting for him to arrive.

"Give it a rest, Kavya." Anthony, her father and her only family spoke as he took a bite from his chocolate. "Dad, your daughter is going to propose to a guy and I'm feeling so nervous, but all you've to do is eat a freaking chocolate? You have to be kidding me!" She whispered-yelled the last part as she grabbed the chocolate from her father, having it.

"That's mine." He whined like a small child as she stuck her tongue out. "It's mine, now." She spoke as dipped her finger in the already melted chocolate before licking it completely. Anthony watched his grown up child in amusement, well-knowing that chocolates and coffee calmed Kavya down.

She quickly sat in Indian style on a chair, under the tree shade and busily licked the wrapper off, smothering her lower lip and chin completely with the chocolate. "Kavya, get up, he's here." Anthony hissed at her, poking her left arm with his index finger as he smiled awkwardly at Anirudh who was now watching Kavya and him with a confused expression.

"Who's here, dad?" She questioned lazily looking up from her chocolate wrapper as her eyes found his figure, gazing at her. "Oh shoot." She whispered quickly rising up as she awkwardly smiled at him. Anirudh shook his head at her childish behaviour and was about to walk past them, when she called him.

"Anirudh, please. I really want to talk to you. Could you like give me a few minutes to clean up?" She questioned to which he nodded, sighing as he didn't want to seem like a rude, cocky and arrogant man infront of her father. She quickly squinted away to the side, borrowing a water bottle from a fellow prosecutor.

"So uh, you're the man that my daughter likes? Impressive." Anthony smiled at him as Anirudh looked like he had grown two heads. "Oh, young man," Anthony paused, breaking into fits of laughter. "I know it's not my place to tell you but then again, I also know that my daughter will take years to tell you; she really likes you." Anthony's every word made Anirudh's heartbeats raise.

It was true that he had been avoiding Kavya after Trivikram's case but what could he do? After the way she spoke with him, he was pretty sure that she'll never have a good opinion about him but he never thought he'll see this day in his life, too.

"Kavya lost her mother just when she was born. She's my only family and vice versa. I don't know if you are really interested in her or not, but I'll tell you that she's truly a gem of a person, just a bit impulsive. I really hope that you'd give her a chance, though." Anthony smiled at Anirudh warmly as he felt like he had found a father, today, in Anthony.