Bonus Chapter #4 : Anirudh-Kavya

"Anirudh, look at this

"Anirudh, look at this. No, seriously, just look at this." Kavya spoke, entering their room where Anirudh was seated on the bed, with his spectacles on as he read a law book. "What happened, Kavya?" He spoke, not averting his gaze from the book as Kavya huffed, grabbing the book as she placed a report card in his hands.

"Yeah, this is Sakshi's report card, so?" He questioned, looking at her confused as he removed his spectacles. "Look at her overall grade." Kavya spoke, pointing a finger at the card as Sakshi peeped in. "B grade, so?" Anirudh questioned, still not getting his point while Kavya looked at him as if he had grown two horns on his head.

"So? Are you freaking kidding me? Anirudh, your daughter has scored a B grade in her finals and this how you react? Jeez." She spoke in incredulity. "Ah, that's nothing, Kavya. When I was of her age, I couldn't even score a grade which would count as just pass." Anirudh said, well-knowing that there was no use of shouting and making a fuss as her grades wouldn't change, anyways.

Just when Kavya was about to speak, Sakshi, his eight year old energy ball quickly ran towards him, hugging him as she squealed, making her mother glare at her. "Yay, you're the best, dad." She said as he smiled down at her, ruffling her hair.

"Anirudh, this girl isn't even sorry. I'm telling you, she's turning into a rebel by each passing day. You know, Sak-" Sakshi cut off her mom as she gave her a bored look. "Mom, I know that not all children have the privilege to get educated and I shouldn't take what God has given me for granted. Mom, give it a break." She spoke, tired of her mother's antiques.

"This is the first time I got so less and I promise it'll be the last. Now, smile, please?" She said, to which Kavya averted her gaze, folding her arms to her chest. "This is all your fault. You're spoiling her." She threw the law back at Anirudh who looked her, bewildered.

"Hey, what the hell did I do, now? C'mon, why do you keep blaming me for everything? It's going overboard now." He spoke, putting the book aside and Kavya shivered at the tone he used but yet, she took her stand.

"Shut up. You and your daughter are going overboard, not me." She said, glaring at him as he followed suit and just when he was going to give it back, Sakshi stepped in and stopped her parents. "Why do you both keep arguing over everything? Shaan uncle also says that you both never liked each other and always argued in the past, too." Sakshi shouted, looking at them angrily.

"Jeez, this Shaan." Anirudh muttered under his breath as Kavya continued glaring at him. "Sakshi, didn't you say you had a party to attend at night? Let's select an outfit for you." She spoke, completely ignoring Anirudh to which her daughter nodded, eagerly as they both sprinted out of the room.

-----

It was around six when Sakshi and Anirudh returned from the party as Kavya smiled at her daughter. "How was the party?" She questioned, lifting her daughter up who excitedly described about the fun she had in there while Anirudh walked into their room. She gazed at his retreating back and sighed.