Chapter 8

A sudden beep of her mobile woke Saira up. Complaining, she reached for her phone and quicky checked her messages hoping it to be William's. He had left for Boston and had promised to text her as soon as he reaches there.

But as for her surprise it was a text from an unknown number.

"One weeks to go and we'll be together. I'm coming for you Sairaa. Just for you.."

At first she thought it was from William. "May be he has got a new number there" she thought. But then she realized William never called her "Saira".

"No it can't be him. Moreover he hasn't written anything about his reaching Boston! But then who it could be?"

She ignored the message thinking it would be from one of her friends or something. She was too sleepy to ponder over it now.

"Its only 5'o clock. I'll try calling the number later to find out whosoever it is.." Reassuring herself she went back to sleep.

                                              *********************

Concentrating in history class was difficult especially when she was missing William all the time. He still hadn't messaged or called her and she was getting worried. 

Yawning away she stared at the boring cream walls and picked up her mobile to text Angie who was sitting on the first bench right in front of her.

"Any news of your careless bro??.. -.-"

Seems like Angie was as bored as shw was as she replied immediately. 

"ohooo.. someone is missing someone..! haha yup I forgot to tell you he had called us from the airport early morning to tell that he had reached there fine and everything was ok. 

And yeah..he asked me to inform you that his number is not working there and apparently you'll have to wait for his call until he buys a new one there... :p"

"Ohh thank God you finally remembered haha... I was starting to get worried!"

"Hahaha oh come on! you love birds have nothing else to do rather than worring about each other for no reason..lol"

"Veryy funny! Wait until you find your "soulmate" and then we'll talk :p"

'So I was right! The message I got this morning was not from him.' Saira thought. 'But then who it could be? I'll have to ask all my friends at recess.'

Saira felt so relieved after the bell rang signalling the end of the last class, she grabbed her books, her science project and ran outside to meet her friends. They had planned to go shopping together for the next day's school picnic. As soon as she was out someone grabbed her shoulder pulling her behind so hard that she landed straight on the ground. Saira let out a cry as her project slipped from her hand and crashed on the floor. 

It was a green house simulator made of glass. Saira had spent hours making it and when it was done it looked so pretty, she was proud of herself.

And now it was on the floor! Her hours hard work converted into tiny pieces of glass. She was filled with anguish and turned around ready to punch whosoever idiot it was.

Facing Laia she screamed "What the hell is wrong with you? Look what you have done...!"

Laia was shocked too. "Oops I'm sooo sorry Saira, Angie was looking for you and I ran for you as soon as I saw you... n I didn't notice this thing in your hand!.. sorryyy please..."

"Its not anything! Its my science project you idiot.. well it was! All thanks to you!" she huffed sarcastically, shooting him a death glare!

"Oh Shit! Saira I swear I didn't see it.. its due for wednesday. I'll help you to fix it.."

"Fix it? Do you really think this can be fixed anyhow? You have any idea how long it took me to finish it?"

"You can keep my project if you want. I'll make another one...." 

"Whatevaa! let it be.. I guess I'm not coming with you guys now as I'll have to make a new one now.." Although she was  so angry but she knew she didn't do it on purpose so she decided to let it go.

Laia was really feeling bad for her. "Ok then even I'm not going. I'll come to help you with this."

"No need.. it's fine. I can manage.."

"Please now Come on, let me help you.. after all it all happened because of me!"

"Okk all right then, inform others that we won't be going with them and come to my place after lunch. I'm leaving now as I'll need to buy some material before they close the stationary. Bye catch ya later!"

"OK dear.. I'll me there in an hour. cyaa!"

                                                 *******************

Saira was alone at home preparing things to start her project when the bell rang. Hoping it to be Laia she ran to open the door but to her surprise it was Angie.

"Now don't tell me you all have decided to drop shopping to help me with my science project.. I'm sure Laia must have exagerated a bit... uff this girl!.. how predictable she is.." 

Ignoring her Angie went inside the house and sat on the sofa. She glanced up at Saira, her eyes tight and worried.

Saira noticed this and quickly closing the door, she sat beside her and asked "What happened? Is everything allryt?"

Without uttering a single word, Angie started crying. This scared Saira even more.

"God..Angiee tell me what's the matter atleast!" she was nearly shouting now.

"Saira, William is missing....!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO guyzzz, howz the story so far?? Hope you like it!  ;)

Where is William?

What happened with him?

What will Saira do now?

More updates coming soon.. keep voting :P