Chapter 23

Chapter 23

{Rose}
"Kaz......where are we going?" I ask as he pulls me after him. "Going to get you dressed up so you can kick this guy's ass." He mumbles under his breath before he opens the car door and I get in. He closes the door and gets in on his side before he pulls out of the building. "I'm coming with you Rose." He says and I shake my head. "You can't come with me and you know that Kaz. It'll ruin your company." I say looking away from him. He stops the car and looks at me. "How are you so sure anyway? You said that you designed it......what did you mean?" He asks and I look away from him and rub the back of my neck. "When we hated each other and I was dating Gage......I designed a computer virus specifically for your company. Gage had asked and it took three weeks to design.....it's job is to adapt quickly to your newest technology, so it's constantly up to date. If he sends it.......you'll lose everything." I whisper softly and don't dare to look at him.

"Please tell me that there's a way to stop it." He says in a low, deadly tone of voice and I wince. "There is, but I need the chip and the computer that I created it on. I have the computer, but not the chip." I mumble softly and he groans loudly. "Tell me that Gage doesn't have the chip....please Rose." He says in that same low tone of voice and I push myself away from him. "Gage has the chip. I gave it to him as an anniversary gift." I say and he explodes.

"YOU JUST RUINED MY COMPANY! HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO FIX IT?! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID?!" He shouts at me and I tear up before I start to see red. "You just called me stupid.......YOU JUST CALLED ME STUPID. That's it! I'm so done with you! I'm trying to save your company and you call me stupid?! Screw this!" I shout at him in a calm tone. I literally kick him out of the car and speed off.....forgetting him and going to try to save his company. I put his car in drive and speed off without another thought.

I get to the apartment that I share with Kaz and run inside. I take a quick shower and throw on a black dress that goes down to the middle of my thighs, and black wedge boots. I curl my hair and don't bother putting on make up. I find a piece of paper and a pen before I sit down at the coffee table and start to write

Dear Kaz,

By the time you read this I'll be gone or dead.......I'm not sure yet, and you'll probably never know. I love you (even though you called me stupid. While I understand that you were upset it wasn't called for at all), but I had to protect your company. In case I am dead please try to move on. I'm not worth remembering or crying over.......just look after my dad. He didn't deserve losing my mom or me too, and he's a good guy who just wanted to take care of his family.

Tell Tris that I love her and Tobias the same as well. This was not my intention, but God (fate) had other plans for me so I must do as he (it) wishes {A/N If you're not religious then put fate.....I put that as a substitute}. I'm sorry for all the pain that I've caused you. I love you so much and hope we can meet again in Heaven.......I love you but I'm sorry.
                                       Love, Rose

I fold the letter up and leave it on the coffee table before I leave the apartment and go to my {Kaz's} car. I get in then turn off my phone before I drive to Gage's house.