Chapter 7-Hello, My Captive

Belle's POV

I stood frozen as the death eaters came up behind Fred and seized him, dragging him away as he yelled and tried to get back to me.

As they carried him around a corner and out of my view, I turned to Draco, my voice gentle. "Draco, what was he doing here? Who is he? Why does he think he knows me?"

Draco stiffened. "Belle, I refuse to talk about this with you. Would you like to go have breakfast with me in the garden?"

I frowned, confused at the hard tone he used when I asked how Fred knew me. Suddenly angry at him for keeping secrets, I glared at Draco before pulling my hand from his and storming to the doorway. Glancing over my shoulder, I shook my head. "I'd rather go upstairs and sleep. This drained me. I'll be fine, there's no need for you to come check up on me. I'll be down for dinner. I'm not too hungry." And with that, I stormed out of the room and upstairs into my bedroom.

Flustered and confused, I threw myself on top of the giant bed. I lay there, staring up at the ceiling, contemplating what had just happened. I wasn't really tired and I didn't want to just sit here.

I sat up quickly when an idea came to mind.

You want to keep secrets, Draco? Well, not from me...

I stood and carefully walked toward the door, opening it silently before glancing both ways down the hallway. Determined that the coast was clear, I stepped out and gently closed my door. Turning to the left, I made my way to Draco's bedroom which was two doors down from mine. I made sure the door didn't creak as I slid it open, checking that Draco wasn't inside before walking in and closing the door behind me.

Made it!

I began opening drawers all around his room looking for things that didn't fit or had to do with me. I stepped around the bed and made my way to the closet. Pulling open the doors, I walked in and stood on a few boxes on the floor. Looking up on the shelves, I found a box labeled 'Belle'.

I gasped and pulled it from the shelf before stepping down and pulling out my wand. I set the box carefully on Draco's bed and focused on the spell. "Diminuendo." The box quietly shrank to the size of a walnut before I pocketed it and my wand and made my way to the bedroom door.

I froze as I heard a voice in the hallway.

"Belle? Are you in there?" Draco!

I gulped and prayed he wouldn't walk into either of our rooms.

"I'm sorry about what happened this morning. I didn't think we would be invaded today, otherwise I would have made sure you weren't around." A pause. "Belle? Are you awake?"

I heard the creak of my door being opened and ran out into the hallway, praying he wouldn't suspect anything. "Draco?" I forced myself to look and act tired. I rubbed my eyes sleepily, the box burning a guilty hole in my pocket.

He turned, confused. "Belle?" He rushed toward me, checking me over for injuries. His eyes met mine in a tender gaze. "Are you alright, my love? How are-" he froze as he realized we were outside his room. "Dearest, why were you in my room?"

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and gave him a small, tentative smile. "Oh my, I'm sorry, darling. I must have travelled too far down the hall again. I have been lost in my thoughts for far too long, I'm afraid. Maybe I just need to walk around the mansion, gather my surroundings. First I think I shall change into something a little more comfortable."

I sighed softly, staring at our entwined hands for a moment before leaning up and and kissing him on the cheek. "I love you, Draco Lucius Malfoy."

Draco's eyes fluttered shut as his features softened. He leaned closer to me, sighing contentedly. "Are you sure you are alright? I can't help feeling like something is constantly wrong."