Chapter 8-Saving Her

Fred's POV

I can't believe she found the necklace. That has to mean something, doesn't it?

It's been two weeks since Belle first came to see me. She hasn't visited since that night when she brought me food, but a house elf brought me food every night and every morning. Belle was kind enough to tell the house elves to unlock the chains around my wrists, but clearly didn't trust me enough to unlock all of the chains.

Bummer.

As I waited for dinner tonight, I thought about the night Belle first came to me. Then I thought about when she came back that same day with dinner for me and she sat and helped me sit up straighter to eat. I thought about her sparkling blue eyes and the way they shone with a swirl of emotions when I talked to her about my life, careful to slow down when she was involved in a story I told.

When her confusion got to be too much for her, she stood quickly and left, claiming she had to go meet Draco for dinner.

Stupid blonde-headed git. Stealing away my girl. I will make him pay.

The door creaked open and I watched with shock and excitement as Belle walked in carrying a tray of food. She was wearing a thin silver dress that fell down to her ankles. It showed quite a bit of skin, which caused emotions to fly around in my head. Her bare feet left small footprints in the dust on the floor as she stepped around the iron door.

Bloody hell, she was beautiful.

She made her way carefully over to me. "Here. I brought you some dinner." Her voice was soft, silky.

Goosebumps rose on my skin as I replied, "I haven't seen much of you around lately. Where have you been, Elle?" I knew what that nickname did to her, even if she didn't remember everything.

She looked away, pushing the tray toward me before settling on her knees and reaching herself up to unlock my chains. Her body slid against mine as she pulled the cuffs away and it took everything in me not to wrap my arms around her.

My happy mood was short-lived as I noticed the bruises on her skin. Most were light, already disappearing from her body, but some were dark, cruel marks. There were many lining her neck and collarbone, and some up and down her very visible back. Her wrists held bruises that looked a lot like hand prints and her arms were dusted with little, lighter bruises. As I took a closer look, I realized that my love for Belle had me blinded. She always looks beautiful in my eyes which made me look past the bruises, as well as the circles beneath her eyes and her tear-stained cheeks.

Forgetting everything but my concern for Belle, I reached forward, gently grabbing her wrists. I didn't miss the flinch and her tiny whimper as I touched her. My eyes narrowed. "Belle, what has been happening to you since you first came to visit me?"

She stayed quiet. When I growled softly, she hunched down, completely afraid and completely submissive. "I-It's nothing."

I growled again, this time louder. She whimpered and tried to pull away but gasped in pain. I wasn't about to find out, but I knew from how she moved that there were angry welts on her stomach and sides as well. "Belle...please tell me."

She held her breath, but I mentally willed her to trust me.

I gently grabbed her chin, forcing those once bright blue eyes to meet mine. "Please, Belle. I want to help you."

She let out a shaky breath before nodding. "Okay. D-Draco is very s-stressed about becoming the next Dark Lord. H-He's learned from his father that it's okay t-to take out your anger on things you own." She paused as tears fell down her cheeks.