Chapter 4

I had decided that I wasn't going to go to the meadow. I felt bad for rejecting Melissa yesterday, so I decided that today, instead of hanging out with Eric, I would hang out with Melissa. 

*Eric's Point of View*

When I went to the meadow, Lenna wasn't there which was surprising because she said that usually does. I had a strong feeling that something was going to happen to her, so I started walking for her house. On my way there, I saw Lenna's friend, Melissa. I knew that she was Lenna's friend because she was the only person Lenna really talked to at school. I followed Melissa to Lenna's house trying to decide on what I should do. I could either ask her if I could hang out with her and Melissa today or I could watch her silently without her knowing. I chose the second option and went to the side of her house and climbed the tree that was parallel to her bedroom window. It was a perfect hiding place because I could see and hear everything in her room, but she couldnt see me. Melissa and Lenna were sitting on the bed talking about girl non-sense when Lenna said that something weird happened to her yesterday. I hoped that she wasn't going to mention her vision. But, just to make sure she wouldn't tell Melissa what happened, I messed up with her memory a little bit  and replaced what she thought was her vision with an old memory of her's. I felt bad to do that to her, but I had to. She seemed confused for a second. She told Melissa the 'vision.' "My mom was yelling at a man who was standing in the doorway of my house...I don't know who he was , but he was leaving. I could tell because he was holding carrying bags. He looked at me and said ' I will be back' and walked out the door," she said. I slumped back into the tree, which wasn't the smartest thing to do because I fell off the tree branch I was sitting on. I hit the ground with a loud 'umph.' I looked up at Lenna's window and saw her looking out at me. "Eric?"