Chapter 2

I woke up ready to go to the meadow, when I saw Melissa standing outside of my house. She wanted to know if I wanted to hang out with her today, but since I already made plans with Eric, I said no. She seemed really mad that I turned her down, but she just said okay and walked away. As I was walking to the meadow, I thought about my friendship with Melissa. She has been acting weird lately, but I don't know why.  By the time I reached the meadow, Eric already had his easel and canvas set up in front of the lake. He was pulling paints and paint brushes out of a bag when I decided to speak up. "Hey Eric," I said. He turned around. "Oh, hey Lenna," he said with a smile, "I didn't hear you." I walked toward him and sat on a rock. "So...when did you first start painting?" I asked. He told me that his mom used to paint and sketch, and when he was younger, she taught him art techniques. When he started painting, I decided to tend the plants and animals like usual. While I was picking some berries for Eric and me, I heard someone walking. "Hello?" I called out. No one answered but that didn't satisfy my curiosity, so I went towards the noise. I was surprised to see Melissa trying to hide behind a tree."Melissa?! What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled. "What do you think I'm doing here?! I came to see why you didn't want to hang out with me today! I can't believe you didn't want to hang out with me because of some loser you probably don't even know!" She yelled back. I felt my blood boiling. Who does she think she is? She can't just follow me every where I go. "Melissa, I don't know who you think you are, but if you can't respect me enough to give me my privacy then I don't think we can be friends any more." I told her. She looked down at her feet, ashamed. "You're right. Lenna, I'm sorry. I'll see you later, okay?" I smiled at her, "Of course." I gave her a hug and started to walk toward Eric before Melissa called my name. "Yes?" I said. She ran back over to me and hugged me again. "You're much more important than you know." Than she walked away, leaving confused by her riddle.