Chapter 6

It must have been the middle of the night when I awoke and saw Eric knocking on my window. I opened my window, still frustrated from being woken up. "What are you doing here?" I asked in a groggy voice. "I can't leave you alone anymore" he said. He climbed up to my bedroom window and I let him in. "I know you must think I'm crazy, but you aren't safe alone anymore" he said. "Why?" I asked, feeling once again confused. Eric continued, "There is a lot to explain, but do you ever get strange feelings sometimes?" I nodded. "Well that's because you are the Seeker." he said. "What is a seeker?" I asked. "Don't say anything till I'm through explaining," he said, "A seeker is someone who can see things that others can't, like visions of the past or future, and spirits. The seeker is somebody part of a powerful bloodline of magic. The seeker is always someone part of a prophecy, but you see the seeker has a protector. I am your protector. Our names are written in the stars, so we were meant to be together from the beginning of time." I had so many questions, but I don't know where to start so I just sat there speechless. I needed time to digest all of this so I just said, "Can I tell you what I think of all of this tomorrow? I need some time to think about it." He gave me a genuine smile and said "Okay, but I'm going to need to stay with you from now on." I didn't object to this because I feel safe with Eric next to me. So I went and locked my door and crawled into bed. I felt Eric slip into the bed with me, slipping one of his arms around my waist. I felt so much better having Eric with me, but I was still freaked out over this whole "seeker" thing.